Posted on: January 16, 2022
Description Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Embody the Credit Union's core values of Trust, Integrity,
Teamwork and Making a Difference and ensure direct reports embody
these core values and apply them in daily activities.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance, and coaching,
performance evaluations, training, motivation, and discipline to
all direct reports so that they are able to meet and exceed the
Credit Union's service standards, achieve performance goals and
provide superior member service.
- Develop objectives for direct reports consistent with strategic
and operating plans, monitor progress toward achievement of
objectives, and engage in a regular dialogue with direct reports on
progress toward objectives.
- In consultation with Human Resources promote, transfer, dismiss
or change the status of employees.
- Ensure that all direct reports understand the overall company
objectives as well as their individual and team objectives and that
they work together to achieve the stated objectives. Be available
to help resolve conflicting objectives. Reinforce continuously
respectful communication between all departments.
- Emphasize and promote professional and ethical conduct. Job
- Supervise workflow in the accounting department, which includes
accounts payable, fixed assets, cash management, daily balancing
functions, and financial analysis.
- Ensure the accuracy of all transactions affecting the general
ledger, financial reports and subsidiary accounts in accordance
with GAAP/USA, State, and Federal regulations.
- Supervise month-end financial reporting, including Board
reports and asset liability management reports.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with development of annual
budget. Provide supportive financial analysis in development
through coordination with senior management. Monitor ongoing
progress of annual budget.
- Monitor and maintain the daily liquidity position of the credit
union as well as an efficient cash management program.
- Deliver effective financial support and analysis to the credit
union's management team, both personally and through the accounting
staff. This includes researching and interpreting data, making
recommendations, and monitoring assignments to effectively support
- Coordinate annual audits. Serve as liaison with external
- Supervise the completion of mandatory regulatory reports.
(i.e.: NCUA 5300 Call report, Federal Reserve 2900, IRS 990 and
990T, IRS 945 Tax Filing). Provide support to other departments for
federal and state reporting, including tax reporting and other
- Develop and maintain all accounting policies, procedures and
- Must comply and ensure that staff comply with applicable laws
and regulations, including but not limited to: OSHA, the Bank
Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets
- Maintain and safe keep all credit union and correspondent bank
security information, user names, password, security devices,
tokens, etc. Protect all confidential member information.
- Perform other duties as assigned and be available to work
additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goal and
projects.Develop and maintain all accounting policies, procedures
and practices. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
- A CPA designation is preferred.
- Minimum seven years relevant experience in a financial
institution. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and federal and state regulations.
- Able to demonstrate good communication, member service, and
human relations skills.
- Able to work independently and exercise good judgment,
initiative, tact and professionalism in representing members,
managers, staff and vendors.
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to coach and
develop staff to achieve goals and maintain respectful
relationships with members and with each other.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability
to set priorities for self and staff to accomplish objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively cope with stressful situations on
a daily basis in a high production structured environment.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals,
financial reports and legal documents.
- Can effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints from
members, regulatory agencies or members of the business
- Ability to write business related documents and
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and apply them
in accordance with generally accepted accounting and finance
principles. This scope will include budgeting, investment
performance calculations, and probability statistics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, email
software, and use of the internet. Familiarity with Investment
Management Systems. Certificates, Licenses and Registrations CPA
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Tulsa , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!