State Income and Franchise Tax Consultant II - Multistate
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you a junior tax professional who wants to specialize in
state income and franchise tax? Are you looking for a challenging
career that will explore the complexity of state taxes? If you are
ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax
consulting solutions and innovative technology, then Deloitte's
Multistate Tax Services practice should be your next career
We are looking for a sharp, analytical Tax Consultant who is ready
to take on new challenges and join one of the largest Multistate
Tax practices in the United States.
What you'll do
As a Tax Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services group, you
will be a valuable member on tax engagements and assist in
providing state tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse
client base in various industry sectors. Responsibilities will
- Preparing partnership and corporate state tax returns and
appropriate work papers with attention to multistate tax concepts
such as apportionment, nexus, unitary filings, and flow-through
- Coordinating with an in-house tax preparation team within
Deloitte and reviewing prepared state tax returns on selected
- Working directly with and coordinating with clients' tax
departments on various tax projects.
- Preparing and/or reviewing estimated payment and withholding
calculations and related filings.
- Researching state tax legislation for consulting projects
related to tax planning and compliance.
- Assisting with audit defense for state tax notices.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State
and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than
1,000 professionals nationwide.Our Multistate Tax professionals
include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry
personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and
technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax
experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with
the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our
specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect
tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use
tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax
review, and state tax controversy.
- 1 - 3 years' experience in state income and franchise tax
- Preparation and/or review experience of state income and
franchise tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or
willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to
sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Supervisory experience
Keywords: Deloitte, Tulsa , State Income and Franchise Tax Consultant II - Multistate, Accounting, Auditing , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!