Accountant I, Accounting Operations
Company: BOK Financial
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Req ID: 50257
Areas of Interest: Accounting
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states - Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies.
The Accountant I, Accounting Operations is responsible for performing a wide range of accounting tasks in the areas of accounting operations, reconciliation, and reporting. This position generally compiles information from sources throughout BOK Financial and its subsidiaries, and performs accounting reconciliations, journal entries, month-end close responsibilities, operational accounting functions, and projects for process improvements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs month-end close responsibilities, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor, and provides support and assistance to management as required
- Prepares daily or monthly reconciliations of asset, liability, and/or equity accounts; initiates journal entries to record transactions as appropriate; monitors reconciling items and seeks resolution for items which have not been resolved in a timely manner
- Performs operational accounting tasks, such as disbursing funds, preparing operational reports, or coordinating accounting information with other departments of the bank
- Performs projects requiring research of general ledger entries and accounts or related operational process, working under limited supervision. Provides guidance and direction to various areas of the bank when accounting-related errors are found, and ensures that the correction of such errors occur as necessary, with the help of management
- Performs some data entry of accounting-related information, such as account balances, invoices, or reconciling items. Reviews the accuracy of certain accounting-related information, such as amounts, contract terms, or proper approvals
- Responds to internal or external inquiries about general ledger reconciliation and operational activity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge and intermediate understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to understand technical accounting topics
- General knowledge and understanding of bank operations
- Excellent PC skills including spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications; ability to operate a 10 key by touch
- Effective communication skills in order to explain accounting concepts and resolve problems
- Effective problem-solving skills in order to identify and resolve discrepancies
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 2+ years equivalent experience in accounting or finance.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Keywords: BOK Financial, Tulsa , Accountant I, Accounting Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!