Credit & Collections Specialist
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 11, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: With general direction and working within
established guidelines and with predefined limits of approval, the
Credit and Collections Specialist performs a wide variety of credit
and collections functions and also is responsible for related
- Enters customer service agreements into the Company's data
- Receives and reviews information from credit reports and
contacts various credit sources to ensure credit packages or
customer credit applications are complete.
- Following standard credit processes and procedures, assesses
the risk of offering credit to new and existing customers for
multiple divisions, business units or an area. Within a determined
threshold, approves credit limits. Makes recommendations to the
management team as appropriate for non-standard situations or
situations in which request exceeds authority to approve.
- Accepts payment on certain accounts as appropriate and resolves
most questions and problems, referring only the most complex to
higher levels. Where appropriate performs research to identify
misapplied payments and resolve basic and moderately complex
- May retrieve and review billing system reports to identify
- Following standard operating procedures, contacts customers via
phone or standard letter to bring accounts to a current
- Prepares and provides reports reflecting status of credit and
collection activity in area of responsibility.
- Documents credit and collections activity for assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Directly related experience in which individuals have worked
with customers in a collections capacity in a service based
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of credit and
collections transactions and processes.
- Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures
and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate
- The ability to effectively interact and communicate with
customers in a professional manner.
- Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with
numbers are essential.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year of data entry experience, including the
ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Minimum of 1 year of collections, billing, customer service or
related experience dealing directly with customers.Republic
Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Tulsa , Credit & Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!