CH-47 Flight Mechanic II, Fort Indiantown Gap, PA, US ID#16611
Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Cherokee Nation Aerospace & Defense is a contract manufacturer and
integrator of electro-mechanical assemblies, including
distribution, kitting and the manufacturing of cable and wire
harness assemblies. The CNAD manufacturing team is experienced with
projects that require expertise in medium to complex integration of
ground support, test, flight hardware and armament systems. CNAD is
ISO9000:2000 and AS 9100 certified and can serve as a prime
contractor on Department of Defense contracts or as a
sub-contractor to large aerospace primes. CNAD has the unique
ability to team with other Cherokee owned tribal companies or
partner with other companies to accommodate large complex contract
opportunities. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNAD is part of
the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
The Flight Mechanic II will be responsible for the support of all
CH-47 maintenance, Maintenance Test Flight (MTF), Functional Check
Flights (FCF) and recovery of aircraft at remote location to
include riding as a passenger in the aircraft to perform
maintenance as required.
**Must have 500 hours of flight time in a CH-47**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain aircraft assigned to Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA Army
National Guard to include contingency or as necessary, operations
at other locations.
* Maintain aircraft assigned to Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA Army
National Guard during the following maintenance situations (I.E.
daily flight operations, daily scheduled maintenance, daily
unscheduled maintenance, Backshop support, Phase maintenance, and
all SOF, and AMAM message requirements)
* Perform all maintenance I/A/W appropriate Maintenance Manuals
(I.E. Technical Manual (TM), AVUM Level, AVIM Level, DEPOT Level's,
MEC's, Safety of Messages (SOF), AMAM messages).
* Responsible for maintaining the aircraft assigned in safe,
reliable and flyable condition.
* Perform all required services, inspections and maintenance I/A/W
appropriate maintenance manuals, to ensure airframe structure,
engine, and component serviceability in a timely manner.
* Perform functional checks of fuel, hydraulic, engines, avionics
and electro-environmental systems I/A/W appropriate maintenance
manuals in a timely manner.
* Perform Pre and Post flight inspections, to include cleaning and
servicing aircraft I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals in a
* Required to rig, adjust, and track & balance aircraft systems
I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals in a timely manner.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot deficiencies affecting aircraft flyable
condition I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals in a timely
* Prepare and maintain aircraft maintenance records I/A/W DA Pam
738-751 in the ULLS-A system. To include the following modules:
aircraft logbook module, backshop module, phase module.
* Ensure that all maintenance is properly preformed and documented
I/A/W DA Pam 738-751, Quality Assurance requirements, TMs, MECs,
SOFs, AMAMs, and all applicable company policies and
* Be proficient in all aspects of the ULLS-A automated system in
the following: aircraft logbook module, backshop module, phase
module and supply module.
* Maintain aircraft publications and documents in a current
* Perform research with the appropriate maintenance manuals and
order repair parts in ULLS-A supply module required for completing
maintenance I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals.
* Perform daily status updates of parts on order and ensure the
proper documentation of the parts order number in the logbook
module and backshop module and update backshop module statuses.
* Turn in parts into supply with proper documentation I/A/W DA Pam
* Notify Maintenance Manager/PC Lead/Quality inspector of any parts
that require a Quality Deficient Report (QDR).
* Perform daily inventories of tools I/A/W Aerospace Maintenance
tool control procedure.
* Use general Aviation standards for tool usages during the
performance of all maintenance procedures.
* Maintain common and special tools in a safe and serviceable
condition per general Aviation standards.
* Report unserviceable tools and equipment to the PC lead and
* Be able to work with other Mechanics, Leads, Quality Inspectors,
Supply, Managers, Customers, and Tech Representatives to complete
all tasks assigned.
* Comply with all established policies, procedures, and standards
of the Contract and Aerospace Maintenance (I.E. EH&S, Quality,
Physical Security, and General housekeeping standards).
* Assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment I/A/W local
policies and environmental protection standards. Clean as you go
* Understand and follow the site Quality Policy, and endeavor to
meet the Site Quality objectives regarding customer satisfaction
and quality of work.
* Meet or exceed all Company, Post, State, and Federal HAZMAT
requirements and regulations.
* Comply with all Aerospace Maintenance training requirements.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of good customer
* Operate vehicles, both special purpose and regular as requires
and trained and licensed to perform assigned duties.
* Perform advanced aircraft structural repairs during maintenance
I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals and blue prints.
* Perform schedule inspections of aircraft structural I/A/W
appropriate maintenance manuals and blue prints.
* Perform Modification Work Orders (MWO) to the aircraft airframe
and components I/A/W appropriate MWO and blue prints.
* Perform work in the sheet metal back shop.
* Administrative concerns or issues that are not private in nature
should be addresses through the PC Lead to the Maintenance
* Report all Personal Safety, Aircraft Safety, Environmental Health
and Safety, and customer concerns to Management immediately.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by Management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or GED Tech school trained
* I.E. Military/AP/Aviation Tech School 8 years Aviation
* Must be able to work overtime and possibly on short notice.
* Must pass Pre-Employment Physical. To include a drug screen.
* Must be able to work inside and outside in all environmental
conditions day, night, sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, cold climate
and hot climate.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* CH-47 experience required FE 500 hours required.
* Military flight physical required.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual
orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights
as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links:
EEOC is the Law Poster - EEO is the Law Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA English - EPPA Spanish
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA English - FMLA Spanish
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email
address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to
inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
This Organization participates in E-verify/Esta Organizacion
participa en E-Verify. E-Verify Participation Poster
Keywords: Cherokee Nation Businesses, Tulsa , CH-47 Flight Mechanic II, Fort Indiantown Gap, PA, US ID#16611, Engineering , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!