Senior Fabrication Process Engineer
Company: Whirlpool, Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune
Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values
are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity,
diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel
our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to
be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Function Overview: Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates
for a Fabrication Senior Fabrication Process Engineer opening to
join our Whirlpool manufacturing facility located in Tulsa, OK.
Responsibilities: Whirlpool is looking for a Fabrication Senior
Process Engineer that will support, develop, and improve sheet
metal forming and joining processes and related equipment in a
high-speed manufacturing environment. Responsible for design,
development, testing, and control of day to day, minor, and major
projects involving tools, equipment, plant, and manufacturing
processes. Project activity where a considerable amount of
creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of
independent judgment. May supervise or exercise technical direction
over other engineers or engineering support personnel with specific
engineering objectives. This position supports the stamping and
joining of sheet metal parts, components, and assemblies produced
through mechanical and hydraulic press lines.
- Manages, develops, and executes projects including new,
replacement, operations improvements, and periodic repair and
- Develops and monitors planning timetables and project
- Utilizes best practices, industrial standards, and common
systems to support the overall competitive manufacturing
- Participates in functional area plant meetings and related
activities representing Engineering and to assist in improving the
plant's performance goals.
- Provides technical support, direction, and training to support
personnel/Skilled Trades within the organization
- Investigates system and equipment problems providing technical
input in problem resolution.
- Develops cost estimates, investment forecasts, business cases,
appropriation requests, and plans for minor project activity.
- Utilizes statistical methods for continuous improvement of
plant systems and processes.
- Enforces safe work practices as the highest priority and
implements objectives for ergonomics, health/safety, and
- Maintains good working relationships with peers, hourly
employees, management, supplier community, and interfaces with
necessary support functions inside and outside of the plant.
- Ensures long term, cost-effective maintenance of equipment and
- Manages projects to minimize investment costs while providing
facilities that require a minimum operating cost (maximum
throughput, energy efficiency, etc.)
- Travel less than 25% Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical
- 1+ years of experience with World Class Manufacturing
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience Preferred Qualifications:
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills where
problems are unusual and difficult
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Excellent Operations process development and implementation
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience working in high-speed high volume fabrication
operations RSRWH About us Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the
world's leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with
approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59
manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company
markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana,
Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly
every country throughout the world. Additional information about
the company can be found at-- whirlpoolcorp.com .
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter.
Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives
empower us to create products that blend into every concept of
home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.-- Currently,
we are seeking qualified candidates for an Operations Support
Supervisor to join our Findlay Operations organization. This role
provides a great opportunity for a motivated individual that has a
manufacturing background, exceptional leadership skills, and is
able to achieve world-class performance in safety, quality,
productivity, and engagement.--
Keywords: Whirlpool, Inc., Tulsa , Senior Fabrication Process Engineer, Engineering , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!