Machine Learning Engineer - Infrastructure
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to
you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world
where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive
trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build
real-world connections with those nearby neighbors, businesses, and
public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than
275,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, the machine learning team is starting to touch every
area of our product. Notifications, feed, search, ads, and our
trust/moderation systems all have an element of ML on the roadmap.
A critical charter for the team is to build world-class ML
infrastructure to enable us to build, maintain, and iterate on ML
products quickly. Our team is scrappy, focused, and dedicated to
ensuring that machine learning helps us realize our purpose: to
cultivate a kinder world where everyone as a neighborhood they can
The Impact Youll Make
In This Role, You Will
You will be a key member of the team building our ML
Infrastructure. This team is immensely important and builds tools
and infrastructure that allow engineers and data scientists to
build, deploy, and maintain ML in our product.
- Focus on developing the underlying data processing
infrastructure to support the ML platform in collecting data,
labeling data, and using data to monitor model performance
- Build infrastructure to train, serve, and monitor ML
- Build and improve our platform-wide feature store which will
house all of the data that will ultimately power our ML
- Help lay the foundation for a critical part of Nextdoors
What Youll Bring to The Team
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, a related field, or
equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of industry experience building ML infrastructure at
- Proven engineering skills. Experience writing, fixing,
iterating, and maintaining machine learning and data
- Ability to work on unstructured problems and prioritize
solutions with high developer empathy
- Experience building infrastructure focused on consumer-oriented
- Experience using AWS to build data-intensive infrastructure:
K8s, Kafka, Spark, ECS, Kinesis, S3, Druid, Flink.
- Experience leveraging publicly available ML platforms like
Sagemaker, Kubeflow, MLflow, etc.
- Experience serving models using a variety of ML model
frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, Sci-kit Learn, etc.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local
communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want
our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to
serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual
orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group
of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records.by Jobble
Keywords: Nextdoor, Tulsa , Machine Learning Engineer - Infrastructure, Engineering , Altamont, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!