APAC Mining Engineer-Tulsa, OK
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job ID: - 439619APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing
and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix
concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy
highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas,
Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its
founding companies have been serving our customers since early in
the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st
Century!Position Overview -Mining engineers provide support to
mining operations, help create estimates for mining projects,
manage government reporting, and take lead on mine planning
operations. The mining engineer will report to the aggregate
operations managers, work closely with site management. - They will
work independently with minimal supervision, but also function
within a teamwork dynamic. They will work in a combination of
office and field environments.Key Responsibilities (Essential
Duties and Functions)
- Follow safety regulations set forth by the company and local,
state, and federal laws.
- Inspect new and existing mining sites to determine the best
ways to extract specific materials from the ground. This includes
visiting sites in person and using maps and geological data to
estimate material reserves.
- Partner with operations to guide mining operations to meet
current and future aggregate needs for the business' success.
- Help design mine locations that allow workers to safely mine
materials from the ground.
- Understand and utilize specialty software for mine
- Undertake feasibility studies for possible greenfield
- Help plan reclamation of sites after reserves are
- Determine the staff and equipment needed to successfully cost
effectively mine the deposits.
- Evaluate ongoing mining operations, including writing reports
regarding supplies, equipment, and mined materials.
- Keep up with government and company required reporting.
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and attend conferences and
workshops to learn about the latest equipment and industry
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Assist in routine inventory measurements.Qualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree
- BS in Mining Engineering or related field required.
- Valid state driver's license and satisfactory driving record is
- Three to five years of increasing responsibilities with
aggregates, concrete, or similar duties within construction
industry. - Highly Preferred.Work Requirements
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with
customers and company personnel.
- Ability to supervise and control personnel to accommodate
- Ability to take initiative and be a problem solver.
- Ability to make good judgement calls when under pressure.
- Ability to understand maps.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions pertinent to billing,
volumes, quantities, etc.
- Must have, or acquire, good computer skills in order to operate
batching, billing, and communication equipment.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and
risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate. The statements included in this
job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform the job. - Other duties may be assigned as required. -
Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the
Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Tulsa , APAC Mining Engineer-Tulsa, OK, Engineering , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!