Early Engagement - Electro Mechanical Motor Design Engineer (Artificial Lif
Company: Baker Hughes
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly
talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you
match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have
you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a
part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first
to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we
are working on, our employee success stories and new job
opportunities you may be interested in.
Partner with the best
The Motor Design Engineer position for Artificial Lift Systems will
work in the areas of Design, Applications, Manufacturing &
Technical support. The Engineer will provide consultation and
mentoring/guidance to other engineers. The Engineer will be a
primary resource to design and model new ESP motor concepts,
resolve critical technical challenges within projects, contribute
to designing practices, ensure lessons learned are applied and lead
state-of-the-art technology improvements.
As a Motor Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing new ESP motors including lamination development and
- Coordinating new product development projects and work with
other departments (Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering,
Engineering Laboratory, Quality, Marketing, etc.) to ensure on-time
completion of development projects within budget
- Being a primary contact point for customers and operations
personnel for resolving technical challenges
- Providing consultation and guidance to engineers and peers
within work group on critical assignments
- Selecting engineering techniques to solve problems and make
sound design recommendations
- Assessing results for applicability, validity, and conformance
- Providing insight on issues as they relate to adjacent
- Providing assistance in root cause investigations
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an
accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of design experience in motor design
including lamination development and electromechanical
- Have experience in either permanent magnet or induction motor
design, application, and root cause investigation.
- Have oil and gas industry experience.
- Have experience using motor design software such as Maxwell,
JMAG, or Ansys Motor-CAD
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills with a drive for
- Have written and verbal skills and possess basic project
- Have the ability to build peer relationships as well as work
- Must be action-oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong
- Have understanding of quality management systems, manufacturing
and testing processes, control system tuning, and field
- Have demonstrated successful completion of submersible motor
and related system projects.
- Have experience working directly with customers and regional
personnel to solve customer challenges, identify failure modes, and
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our
employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this
role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning
work. Requests for reasonable accommodations due to valid medical
reasons, a sincerely held religious belief, or other personal
conscience objection will be considered on a case-by-case basis,
including but not limited to essential job duties, in accordance
with applicable law
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an
application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the
privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your
profile on priority.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions
for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a
leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to
achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always
looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are
as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a
company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become
part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's
come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Baker Hughes, Tulsa , Early Engagement - Electro Mechanical Motor Design Engineer (Artificial Lif, Engineering , Claremore, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!