IT Installation and Support Engineer
Company: CorTech LLC
Posted on: January 28, 2023
CorTech is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to work at
our Client's site in Tulsa, OK. This is a 12 month assignment that
is likely to extend. Up to ten percent of total assignment could
involve traveling to smaller locations within the region.
$40.00 per hour.
Top Must Haves:
-strong fiber background: installation and OTDR testing- 3+
-least wave testing/ BERT testing
-understanding network documentation and testing techniques
-familiar with ISP and OSP network infrastructure
-good communication skills
Job Title: Metro area Installation and Support Engineer
Support the installation and maintenance of new racks/cabinets,
Optical and Router equipment and/or retrofit existing equipment.
Installations to conform to Company Standards following MOP s and
within defined Process and Procedures. Installation background with
DC Power, AC Power, Rectifiers, Grounding, Structured Cabling.
Candidates will also be responsible for testing the end-to-end of
connectivity of optical fiber paths using multiple testing
apparatus (OTDR, CD/PMD, Optical Insertion Loss measurements and
fiber end-face validation) and performing basic site survey
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Backgrounds with detailed Engineering, Infrastructure diagrams
- Experience with installation of Rectifiers, Fuse Panels, Patch
Panels (high density fiber patch panels) experience with the
installation of racks, cabinets on raised floors, slap floors.
Experience with unistrut installation.
- Experience with installation of DC power cable(s) and landing on
Mini-BDFB s and all related safety procedures. Understanding of
grounding requirements for equipment, racks and facilities
- Experience with the installation, terminating and testing of data
centre interlink cabling (ie copper and fibre optic cable).
- Experience with fault finding network cabling, ability to trace
and test connections and resolve issues utilising optical light
source and power meter.
- Experience with industry standard fiber cleaning procedures, bend
radius and fiber running procedures, fiber management
- Experience with installation of multi vendor DWDM equipment.
Installation experience with Infinera, ALU and Juniper equipment
- Troubleshooting and repair of hardware faults and the
installation of spares or components as required.(ie cards, PICS,
PEMs, fan modules, SFPs etc).
- Performing routine maintenance on server and network
- Accepting and taking ownership of fault escalations from
- Experience performing network migrations.
- Proficient using a laptop and windows applications such as MS
Word, Excel, etc.
- Performing fiber characterization tests using OTDR, CD/PMD, power
meter/laser source and fiber end face testing using industry
standard test equipment
- Fiber end face cleaning using multiple methods
- Providing field analysis on Vendor's fiber network from test
- Preparing testing packages including:
- Redlining of project documentation including fiber path and
- Provide test reports as dictated by vendor requirements
- Performing site surveys to validate vendor infrastructure
deliverables including any issues (not limited to):
- Fiber type
- Points of failure
- Diversity requirements
- High level analytical skills
- Effectively present to team meetings both written and orally
- Identify issues and enact resolutions effectively
- Assist in fiber issue resolution
- Multi-task effectively and maintain project deadlines
- Interface with vendors and develop issue remediation
- Minimum 3 years experience within a Telecom Network
- Able to use any generic office software.
- Familiarity with EXFO Toolbox used in the analysis of fibre test
data or similar software applications
- Experience with understanding vendor contractual deliverables
- Additional languages a definite asset
Keywords: CorTech LLC, Tulsa , IT Installation and Support Engineer, Engineering , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!