Company: Garver Engineering
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Garver is seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER EIT to complement our reputable staff and join our growing Transportation Team in our Oklahoma City or Tulsa, Oklahoma office to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients.
Responsibilities of this position will be to assist in the design and creation of construction documents on a wide variety of transportation projects including:
* Establishing the roadway geometric design for both horizontal and vertical alignments including superelevation.
* Evaluating the drainage needs of open channels and storm sewer systems thru hydrology and hydraulic calculations
* Determining construction perimeters by 3D modeling of roadway corridors.
* Determining traffic design components of both permanent, and temporary traffic control during construction
* Calculating quantities and assisting in submittal production thru plan sheet setup and technical drafting.
* Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
* EIT license or FE eligible
* 0-2 years of related experience
* Strong communication skills
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office
* Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on transportation projects
* Experience with Microstation, and Geopak/InRoads
* Familiarity with AASHTO's highway and traffic publications
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm, headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With nearly 600 employees spread between 27 offices in 11 states, Garver offers a wide range of services with a focus on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation, survey, and water. Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list, while Zweig Group has recognized Garver as a best firm to work for in the multi-discipline category for five consecutive years. Garver is celebrating its 100th year with a series of client appreciation events and by supporting STEM education at 100 schools by donating funds and supplies. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities, hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources, TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.
Keywords: Garver Engineering, Tulsa , Project Engineer-EIT, Engineering , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!