Manager, Electronics Engineering
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Manager, Electronics Engineering - downhole tools
General Job Description
Manage a diverse team of 3-5 electronic hardware and firmware
professionals to design, develop, and sustain downhole
pressure/temperature gauges within the oil and gas industry.
Use your electronic design hardware and firmware skills to manage
and guide engineers in the innovation and design process of new
products to meet customers' needs. Understand the spectrum of
product lines to direct and manage project schedules to meet
deadlines. Develop standards and guidelines to increase efficiency
Demonstrate mature judgment to make decisions and recommendations
that are conclusive and have a significant impact on company
objectives. See priorities and reconcile conflicting directions
from competing interests.
Become the product champion in your area of responsibility to
interact with Sales, customers and Manufacturing and to understand
how the product is used in the field.
Manage a technical team focused on developing products that
increase market share and revenue. Set priorities and actively
manage the group's program of projects from conception through
Production. Decide the type of resources, facilities, tools, and
funds are needed to accomplish organizational objectives. Mentor
staff to grow in their skill set both technically and
Receive guidance from the V.P. of Engineering on product strategies
and priorities. Work independently and with other departments to
carry out these goals. Receive direction on company policy and
Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills to bring
clarity and recommendations to critical team and organizational
issues. Possess skills in decision making, persuasion and
negotiation of significant issues and purchases.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide substantial technical direction for electronic board
designs and testing programs to drive success in product
performance and project deadlines.
- Guide the team in transitioning to designs with ASIC chips and
- Lead the team in prioritizing and executing project schedules
to deliver growth and profitability in support of the Sales team's
- Develop team members through coaching, training, and personal
- Promptly and effectively manage personnel performance
evaluations and issues in a manner consistent with company policies
- Effectively support and communicate with other departments on
technical requests involving Production and customer sustaining
- Lead the team to maximize and secure Intellectual Property
through active patent filing and competitive surveillance.
- Review all documentation to ensure accuracy in design, data
analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to maximize
efficiency and effectiveness of product development through
collaboration, integration and coordination.
- Help build and successfully drive a 2-3 year product roadmap
that increases market share.
- Assist Customer Service and Sales as requested in communicating
with customers to make presentations or resolve issues.
- Downhole Industry Specific Knowledge (Artificial Lift and
Permanent Gauge Production)
- Electronic PCB Board Design (Hardware and Firmware)
- Effective Team Building
- Project Management
- Vision & Strategic Perspective
- Drive for Results
- Decision Making
- Motivating & Inspiring Others
- Risk Analysis
- Customer and Market Focus
- BS Electrical / Electronics Engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years' experience designing electronic oil and gas
- Proven project and people management skills.
- Big picture thinker while simultaneously detailed-oriented to
drive project success.
- Advanced in PCB circuit design, embedded firmware, ASIC chips,
HSE and Quality Responsibilities
- Follow Company HSE guidelines at all times.
- Attend and actively participate in HSE training
- Take responsibility and authority to ensure quality.
- Deliver quality in a sustainable, safe and environmentally
Other Key Words: FPGA, ASIC, HDL, Firmware, embedded, simulation
(BFM), PCB, design, signal integrity, JTAG, VHDL, Verilog C, design
for high temperature (up to 250 degC), design for vibration
Keywords: Job Juncture, Tulsa , Manager, Electronics Engineering, Engineering , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!