Automotive Lead Technician
Company: Cox Enterprises
Posted on: September 14, 2019
position is a producing, Master-level technician who provides
leadership and technical expertise to all other shop personnel with
a focus on exceptional
customer satisfaction in a cost-effective manner. This position is
primarily responsible for
directing work activities of other employees to meet production and
goals established by management and is responsible for leading all
activities in the absence of the Manager or Supervisor.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance:
change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and
vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light and major
advanced vehicle diagnostics. Will have direct interaction with
display exceptional interpersonal skills while driving service
performance with the highest integrity and trust.
- Based upon certification levels,
perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II
brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial
electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior
and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment.
(cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
- Keep shop area clean and tidy.
Perform work in accordance to safety standards.
Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with
- Create and maintains vehicle
history and maintenance records. May up-fit new vehicles with
- Performs more complex repairs,
advanced diagnostics, design, and fabrication.
- Assures prompt repairs by
interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs.
roadside assistance as needed.
- Provides custom equipment when
needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication
- Assures availability of specialized
trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems,
and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer
- Responsible for the efficient
diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and
A Lead Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and
including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions,
steering/suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions
maintenance services, HVAC, major engine and hydraulics
- Has medium/heavy truck experience,
booms/hydraulics, electrical, any complex repairs, design and
- Skilled on diesel and transmission
- Will possess advanced knowledge and
advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve complex repairs.
- Master level Technicians must be
skilled and able to work on multiple applications, from Light-Duty
A-Heavy Trucks, Mechanical Equipment, Machinery, Passenger
Vehicles, and more.
- Shop responsibilities may include
scheduling repairs and maintenance, maintaining parts and supply
and assisting Area Manager in maintaining relationships with local
dealers and sublet repair facilities for compliance with our
- Will maintain all shop tools to
ensure they are current in service, repair and relative. Will be
able to identify the shop tool needs
and communicate with leadership.
- Is responsible for supervising shop
productivity, providing work direction, and identifying priorities
to a small
staff of Technicians. May assist Area Manager in other duties
including but not
limited to: training compliance for shop personnel, monitoring and
compliance with PTO, PVO holidays, time cards.
- Will ensure all SOPs are
implemented at the shop to ensure compliance with Company
- Must be a self-starter, open minded
and have the ability to deal with change and lead a team to
in a constructive and positive manner.
- All other duties as assigned
related to normal business of a mechanical repair facility.
- Contribute to maintaining shop
morale through appropriate distribution of work and by providing
expertise and effective guidance and coaching to other shop
employees. Act as primary assistant to manager or
supervisor in assigning and directing the work of shop
- Perform quality control checks on
all work; notify immediate supervisor of exceptional or
employee-related problems or other factors hindering work
- Orient, train and instruct new and
current employees regarding job functions/tasks expected of them,
- Assist with inventory management
and ensure that all shop equipment, supplies and tools are in good,
working order at all times.
- Report theft, damage, or any/all
safety concerns to management.
- Visibly demonstrate safety
commitment by following all safety and health procedures and
behaviors related to such. Work in
cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety
activities aligned with
Safety Excellence. Lead responsibility for safety, compliance with
and all local codes in conjunction with shop manager.
- Work with manager to review work
volumes, plan, and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure
quality work product, and effective customer service; review
performance against key performance indicators and metrics to
execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the
location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim
ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and
procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by
School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of automotive service and repair
minimum of 1 year of customer service experience with prior
- Must currently possess or be able to attain Master Level
certification within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and
meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools,
- Transmission experience preferred.
- Diesel experience preferred.
- Master level techs must be versed to work on multiple
from Light-Duty to Class A-Heavy Trucks, Mechanical Equipment,
Passenger Vehicles, and more.
- Requires extensive training and certification accompanied with
preferred 5-10 years of hands-on diesel repair experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements
medium and heavy truck applications.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operators License if
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit strong leadership, communication, and customer
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive
services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries
include Cox Communications (cable television distribution,
high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and
automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising
solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial
services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group
(television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and
advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue
Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's
international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and
Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people,
sustainability and our communities, please visit
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Enterprises, Tulsa , Automotive Lead Technician, Engineering , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!