Company: Cox Enterprises
Posted on: September 14, 2019
This position is an entry level vehicle Technician who provides a
high skill level of vehicle maintenance and repairs for a fleet of
vehicles with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a
cost-effective manner. The Automotive Technician I will report to
the Area Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, Area Fleet Maintenance
Manager, or the Senior Area Fleet Maintenance Manager.Job
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel
filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for
mechanical deficiencies. Perform light repairs under supervision of
a Technician II, Technician III, or Lead Technician.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and
maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components,
tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical
systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components,
engine and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to
safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in
accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records.
May up fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of vehicle service and repair experience; 1
year of customer service experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or be able to attain an A.S.E. G1
Certification within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to
meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools,
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for
medium and heavy truck applications.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operators License if
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive
services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries
include Cox Communications (cable television distribution,
high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and
automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising
solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial
services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group
(television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and
advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue
Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's
international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and
Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people,
sustainability and our communities, please visit
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Enterprises, Tulsa , Automotive Technician, Engineering , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!