Operations Service Manager
Company: Zayo Group
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications
infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth
connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world s
leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline
carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and
professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides
customers with flexible solutions and self-service through
Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing
The Operations Service Manager functions as the primary operations
interface by serving as the critical customer advocate and liaison
for large, strategic accounts. This role interfaces with multiple
technical resources across the business to drive a superior,
differentiated, and sustained customer experience. The manager will
ensure operational continuity and scalability across functional
teams during all stages of the lifecycle by coordinating, driving,
and delivering operations reviews, Request for Outage (RFO) and
Service Improvement Plans (SIP). Serves on cross-functional teams
to raise awareness, drive to results, and resolve issues impacting
assigned customer base. May train and mentor lower level peers and
partner with management to share strategic responsibilities and
* Act as escalation point, sometimes after hours, when standard
processes are not meeting customer expectations. Once engaged,
serves as primary communication for operational lifecycle issues by
pulling in necessary resources to address ongoing issues.
* Serve as customer advocate, technical resource and Subject Matter
Expert for internal company departments for assigned customer base
and develop communication strategies with intern departments by
staying well-versed in customer and internal SLA s and operational
processes in order to assist operations and sales in setting proper
customer expectations based on defined Service Level criteria.
* Define and develop custom reporting and deliver regular
operations review that illustrate network performance by
highlighting positive performance trends and identifying areas for
service improvement opportunities.
* Partner with Network Control Center (NCC) to identify, create,
implement, and track post-mortem analysis and preventive measures
and then take the lead in presenting that information to the
* Define and communicate key Service Assurance process gaps that
will be measured and tracked via Service Improvement Plans (SIP).
Facilitate both internal and external meetings associated to SIP
until initiatives are resolved.
* Travel is limited at customer or direct reports request (10% of
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or other
relative technological field.
* 5+ years of telecom industry experience with knowledge of Voice,
Transport, IP, Data, Fiber and Managed Services.
* Strong technical and operational background and understanding of
troubleshooting and configuration protocols.
* Strong understanding of operations processes and systems across
all internal organizations as well as industry best practices.
* Exceptional customer-facing skills with an innate ability to
empathize with customers.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to convey that information
succinctly and clearly.
* Strong interpersonal, teamwork, conflict resolution and
* Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization
* Excellent oral and written communications skills internally and
* Well-versed in communicating at both the technician as well as
* Ability to positively influence and collaborate with stakeholders
in other organizations to accomplish objectives while maintaining
* Ability to challenge the status quo with a focus on continuous
* Primarily office environment 8 to 5 with some business travel and
after hours support.
* Must be willing to work on-call via cell phone, including
weekends and holidays.
* Highly motivated, self-starter who can thrive independently or in
a team environment.
* Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is
available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops
Keywords: Zayo Group, Tulsa , Operations Service Manager, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!