Senior Project Manager, Whiteman AFB, MO, US,ID#17642
Company: Cherokee Federal
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Senior Project Manager - Site Lead, Requisition Number 17642
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally
owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and
overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical
disciplines, including engineering, global vulnerability
assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program
management and professional services. CNSP is owned by Cherokee
Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the
largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of
the company's profits support future business investments and the
well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education
and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and
For more company information, visit our site at
CNSP is looking for a Senior Project Manager-Site Lead to support
the 509th Civil Engineering Squadron at Whiteman AFB, MO under this
Civil Engineer Project Support services contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a project
manager for the 509th Civil Engineering Squadron.
* The secondary purpose of this position is to serve as the Site
Lead (SL) for this contract.
* The SL shall work through the COR to resolve issues, receive
technical instructions, and ensure adequate performance of
* The SL shall ensure that contractor employees do not perform any
services outside the scope of the contract without an official
modification issued by the CO.
* The SL shall ensure contractor employees understand that services
performed outside the scope of the contract are performed wholly at
the expense of the contractor.
* Performs O&M engineering involving design and construction
that encompasses the maintenance, repair, upgrade, and operation of
infrastructure facilities, including utility systems, utilizing
professional knowledge of civil engineering.
* Uses cost estimating tools to produce government estimates,
program projects, and compete for funding in Air Force corporate
* Assesses validity, feasibility, and impacts (economic,
environmental, etc.) of short and long range plans, projects, and
base development actions, and integrates with overall installation
* Performs or supports requirements programming for a variety of
programs such as O&M, MILCON, non-appropriated fund (NAF),
military family housing (MFH), etc.
* Performs planning and design work for substantial sustainment,
modernization, repair, improvement, renovations, and construction
projects for real property facilities, including utility systems,
utilizing a professional knowledge of civil engineering.
* Manages projects for new construction, renovations, and
improvements to real property facilities and maintains surveillance
over in-house labor or construction contractors utilizing a
professional knowledge of civil engineering and knowledge of other
engineering disciplines to ensure overall compliance with project
* Provides consulting services and project coordination.
* Coordinates projects with other engineers in a variety of
disciplines, architects, and planners as well as contracting
officers, tenant organization representatives, and construction
agents such as from private contracting companies, Army Corps of
Engineers, AF Civil Engineer Center, and AF Installation Mission
This position will have supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Candidates must be US Citizens.
* Candidates will be required to undergo a US federal government
background investigation and favorably pass a drug screen.
* Completed MA/MS degree from an accredited college or university
in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or
construction related field.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in facilities
construction management experience is required.
* Minimum of four (4) years of experience in personnel
* Professional-level certification and/or registration is highly
* Strong leadership skills needed and ability to mentor junior
level staff as needed.
* Experience with Federal government contracts, data reporting, and
protocols highly recommended.
* Experience with project scoping and detailed cost estimating
using RS Means required.
* Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft
Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and
procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety
of the work environment.
* Ensures federal, state, and local codes concerning health,
safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the
programming, design, and construction of real property
* Interprets standards, codes, and policies and routinely apply
them to develop project requirements, creates designs and/or
reviews design submissions.
* United States citizen with a clear background for government
security investigation with the ability to obtain a Clearance or
Common Access Card (CAC)
This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office
setting, a controlled office environment on a military installation
as well as working outside in a job site environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and
nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies
in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation
Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver
the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues.
Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services -- from
applications and data services to cybersecurity and national
defense -- for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can
help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to
join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual
orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights
as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to
the following two sites: EEO Statement - EEO Poster;
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This
email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used
to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and
paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of
proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request,
we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan
accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written
Keywords: Cherokee Federal, Tulsa , Senior Project Manager, Whiteman AFB, MO, US,ID#17642, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!