Company: Irby Electric Supply
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies
in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over
900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has
experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents
many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the
country in various locations, including cites such as: Jackson,
Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis
and Oklahoma City. Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the
electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an
industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community
Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies,
consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial
distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market
leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial &
safety products and related solutions. Sonepar USA is made up of
over 16 of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial
distributors, with coverage in all 50 states. Entering the US in
1998, Sonepar USA has continued to grow over the years due to
strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Sonepar USA is a member
of the Sonepar Group, an independent family-owned company with
global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical
products and related solutions. For more information, visit
The Project Manager is responsible for defining project scope and
objectives, coordinating activities of a project team, and
identifying resources. Develops detailed work plans, schedules,
project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Responsible
for project tracking and analysis. Ensures the installation
adherences to quality standards and reviews project
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a
positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant
telephone and email etiquette, and a general attitude as a
representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or
during company travel.
* Lead a project team within a project deployment area including
team members, vendors, and contractors.
* Manage delivery schedules, and human resources to ensure on time
* Lead internal meetings with other managers and team members to
review the status of the program and implement changes as necessary
to ensure timely completion.
* Attend customer meetings to provide customer with comprehensive
status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
* Ensure that all work is maintained in a tracking system with
* Ensuring all workmanship meets standards
* Responsible for the completion of all required forms: Timesheets,
client sign-offs, Change Orders, Project Summaries and Final
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Experience managing Outside Plant projects.
* Advanced experience with MS Office, Project, Visio, and Google
* Be able to Understand Contractor Work Processes
* Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
* Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including
changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
* Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Science, Technology, or
Engineering; OR An Associate s Degree / Certificate in Project
Management with 3+ Years Project Management Experience
* GIS/Mapping, AutoCAD experience a plus
* Electric Utility Experience a plus
* PMP certification preferred.
Keywords: Irby Electric Supply, Tulsa , Project Manager, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!