Director of Surgical Services
Company: Hillcrest Healthcare System
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- Location: Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital
- Department: Surgical Services
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Minimum Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years Position
Who We Are--
Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital provides excellence in Surgical
Services, Diagnostic Imaging and Pain Management. We are designed
to be more personal and inviting than the typical medical facility.
We are consistently recognized for providing a patient-centered
approach to medical care. Our high patient satisfaction rates and
employee engagement awards represent our commitment and dedication
to quality care.
The Surgical Services department of 55 employees consists of 11
OR's, 2 special procedure rooms and sterile processing. TSSH
performs inpatient and outpatient surgeries. Specialties include,
but not limited to, Neuro-spine, Ortho, GYN, GYN-Oncology, ENT,
Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Plastic Surgery, Pain Management, GI,
General surgery. Teamwork and a strong culture make TSSH a
rewarding place to work. If you meet the minimum requirements
below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join
our team--- please apply today.--
What You'll Do
The OR Director is a professional registered nurse with twenty-four
hour responsibility for assigned departments within established
standards to achieve the mission and vision of the organization.
The OR director is responsible for overall direction, coordination
and evaluation of the unit/departments and executes supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. The OR director provides leadership and mentorship
in the development of leaders and staff. The OR director is
responsible for monitoring and evaluating quality, patient
satisfaction and employee satisfaction outcomes to implement
strategies for improvement. The OR director is a change agent, and
will establish strong collaborative relationships with physicians.
Responsible for overall administrative, financial and clinical
activities of assigned departments.
The successful candidate will:--
- Execute strategic planning, leads mentoring/coaching and
identifying department succession strategy.
- Oversee physician relationships and engagement.
- Develop and oversee quality initiatives, staffing and
productivity guidelines, and customer service goals.
- Analyze and monitors compliance with accrediting and regulatory
- Plan and organize orientation and in-service training for staff
members, and participates in guidance and educational
- Review new equipment and supplies as needed with sales
representatives and medical staff.
- Develop, implements and evaluates policies, standards and
programs that supports unit/departments.
- Develop and submits budget strategies and capital budgets for
- Use forecasted budget to guide expenditure decisions.--
- Initiate activities to enhance revenues and support cost
reduction and containment activities.
- Demonstrate empathy, intentionally works to put others at
- Foster intradepartmental collaboration to ensure efficient
processes. Position Requirements:
What You'll Bring--
- Minimum of 5 years' clinical nursing experience in the OR.
- At least 3 years' of nursing leadership experience.
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Must have a passion for excellence--
- BLS (within 30 days of employment)
- ACLS / ALS (within 60 days of employment)
- PALS (within 90 days of employment)
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use sound judgement in decision making.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay--
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance--
- 401k with Company match--
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended
- Tuition Reimbursement--
- Advancement and career development opportunities-- We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
federal, state or local protected class. Tulsa Spine & Specialty
Hospital Full - Time Regular
Keywords: Hillcrest Healthcare System, Tulsa , Director of Surgical Services, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!