Company: Bob Evans Farms
Posted on: February 25, 2021
1301 South Columbus Pike, Bob Evans Restaurants Location
Delaware, OH, 43015, US Job category: Management Job link: POSITION
REPORT TO: Director of Operations POSITION LOCATION: Assigned
Restaurant DATE REVISED: November 2017 Statement of Purpose: The
position of General Manager is a fast paced role that assists with
managing the daily operations and staff of the restaurant,
including the execution of all company policies, procedures,
programs, and systems. The General Manager provides leadership,
direction, training, and development to subordinate managers and
staff. The General Manager also contributes to the success of the
restaurant by building sales, working towards company goals, as
well as driving restaurant profitability. Decisions are guided by
established policies and procedures as well as the Director of
Operation. Receives guidance and oversight from the Director of
- Management responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees including termination of
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.--
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure employee's success on
the job and guest satisfaction.
- Shapes culture of restaurant and works diligently to ensure a
high level of employee engagement in the restaurant.
- Model professional behavior while creating a warm, fun,
friendly, and hospitable atmosphere that encourages people to do
- Establish and participate in common restaurant activities and
local marketing programs designed to enhance goodwill.
- Communicate sales performance and anticipated variances to the
restaurant management team. Cascade corporate programs and
initiatives to the management team and staff.
- Occasionally assist with category job duties (bussing, serving,
host, grill line, etc.), as needed. (All state and federal labor
- Monitor and utilize follow-up systems to achieve profitability
- Promote suggestive selling techniques.
- Maximize table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per
- Build relationships/partnerships within the community by
networking within the local market to represent Bob Evans.
- Develop ROI/business cases for local store marketing.
- Meet and greet guests; investigate and resolve food
- Effectively manage the restaurant within the policies and
company guidelines while ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at all
- Maintain efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and
- Ensure OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety
and security policy are met.
- Enforce--safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for
both guests and crew members.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness
- Control day-to-day operations and profit & loss, by following
cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing
food and labor, reviewing financial reports and schedules, and
taking appropriate actions.
- Manage food, labor, paper and other controllable costs. Control
food costs by following recipes and portion control; as well as
being responsible for weekly inventory process
- Manage costs by optimizing weekly schedules of employees and
monitoring daily schedules and sales performance through effective
use of the company's labor scheduling tool.
- Ensure proper use of restaurant equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining facility and all company assets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Dedication to providing exceptional guest service
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional team building capability
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to be a role model in employee appearance and
- Available to work a variety of shifts and weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in a leadership role is required.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of prior experience in a family,
fast-food, or casual dining restaurant is strongly preferred
- College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- A minimum age of 21 years QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must have a vehicle to take cash deposits to the designated
- Must be able to travel to business meetings and other locations
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This
list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of
activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign
other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the
employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time
without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including
selling floor(s), stock area, and register area. Failed loading
page (Protocol "" is unknown)
Keywords: Bob Evans Farms, Tulsa , General Manager, Executive , Delaware, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!