Restaurant General Manager
Company: Church's Chicken
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Restaurant General ManagerPosition Summary:-- The Church's
Restaurant General Manger is passionate about providing our guests
a high quality, value oriented dining experience with friendly,
quick, accurate service in a clean and safe environment. The RGM is
responsible and accountable for all of the business activities in
one restaurant location, specifically to:
- Provide a superior and memorable experience for all
- Achieve sales goals
- Control expenses to budget or better,
- Create an environment where team members are engaged in doing
their jobs and encouraged to grow while delivering exceptional
service.The Church's Restaurant General Manager direct reports
usually include an Assistant Restaurant General Manager and/or
Shift Leader). The number of direct reports may vary by location
based on total sales volume, sales and geographic location of the
restaurant.I. Primary Job DutiesThe position of Restaurant General
Manager is responsible for the following major duties and tasks:1.
--Creates a World Class Guest Experience
- Creates an in store service environment that exceeds guest
expectations with regard to friendly, quick and accurate service.
Builds team understanding and commitment to guest service
- Provides guests a "brand right" environment in which to place
their orders, receive their food and dine inside the
- For drive through guests, ensures that menu boards are clean
and timely, that order taking equipment is functional and that that
speed, accuracy and food quality standards are met.
- Communicates and follows-up with guests to obtain feedback and
identify service and food quality improvement opportunities.
- Provides guest satisfaction by assisting and resolving all
complaints in-person or by phone. Applies the "listen, apologize,
satisfy and thank" model to all guest complaints.
- Ensures that all incoming calls are handled in a prompt,
courteous, and professional manner.2.-- Manages, Trains and Directs
the Restaurant Team--
- Demonstrates, communicates and lives the Church's vision,
mission, purpose and core values.
- Recruits, interviews and hires team members in accordance with
the Church's selection and interview process.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure new team members are
provided with the Church's "1st day, 1st Week, 1st Month"
- Clearly communicates job requirements and what tasks need to be
done; communicates expectations for results, quality with
- Directs and/or conducts regular training and communication
activities with team members.
- Provides opportunities for team members to master their current
position as well as cross-train for other restaurant
- Identifies team members with potential to become "All Star"
trainers, shift leaders and assistant restaurant general managers
and actively develops their knowledge and skills.
- Provides business and performance updates to team members, sets
and reviews work priorities and objectives.
- Provides regular feedback to all team members. Identifies
training needs to improve performance.
- Creates a work place where team members strive to do their
best, are rewarded for performance and have fun3. Delivers
Exceptional Brand Standards, Cleanliness and Safety
- Ensures that all internal and external restaurant areas comply
with standard safety and security practices and are
- Performs daily facility "walks" to check condition of
restaurant dining area, food preparation and storage areas,
restrooms, drive through menu board, pick up window and parking
lot. Identifies areas needing attention and follows up on
- Is attentive to spills and debris; responds quickly to items
that can impact guest and store team member safety. Inspects clean
- Implements and follows cleaning schedule throughout all hours
of operation, ensuring glass on doors, drive through, cleaning
tables in dining area, etc. are consistently maintained to meet
high standards.4. Attains Sales Budgets
- Drives in store activities to generate sales such as ensuring
that sales promotion and menu board signs and posters are posted
- Ensures that selling scripts are used at the register area and
that suggested add on sales techniques are used by store team.
- Reviews, revises and executes product preparation and cooking
schedules to ensure that peak traffic demand can be met.
- Sales reports are reviewed as required (daily, weekly, monthly,
etc.) and action plans are established and implemented,5. Manages
Operational Execution and Expense Control
- Adheres to labor scheduling guidelines. Communicates
recommendations --and adjustments for peak periods, traffic and
sales volume to Market Leader.--
- Regularly reviews critical operating reports (labor, food cost,
etc) as required (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly) determining
necessary actions that support achieving budgets.
- Ensures daily close out sales procedures are completed and that
all appropriate paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Responds to all E-mail and phone correspondence including
correspondence from Market Leader, other field support and
Restaurant Support Staff in a timely manner.
- Ensures that cash handling and bank deposit control procedures
are strictly adhered to in accordance with Church's policy. Signs
bank deposit form daily and makes sure it balances and that checks
- Keeps all food inventories, preparation materials, cooking
tools, schedules, reports and information organized and accessible
where they can be easily and quickly found.
- Has a filing system (paper or PC-based) that is well organized
and easy to use. Can easily find information needed to answer
questions and resolve problems.6. Manages All Restaurant Inventory
- Monitors and ensures adequate inventory on hand to meet guest
- Ensures that product is properly stored and that food handling
safety guidelines are followed..
- Ensures all regular equipment maintenance is performed and that
repairs are made quickly as required.
- Performs product counts at all shift changes and submits
reports as required; researches and corrects any errors.
- Follows procedure on handling food waste and expired product.7.
Performs Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by Market Leader.II.
Technical and Other Skills Required:
- Knowledge and/or passion of the Restaurant business: This is
desirable in order to have credibility in this position and because
the restaurant business has unique features and requirements.
Knowledge of the menu items, preparation requirements, service and
order accuracy expectations, sales promotion approaches and other
major restaurant functions are important and must be learned
- Basic PC skills. Basic PC skills (use of E-mail, typing skills,
etc.) are required upon entry. The internal software system can be
learned after hire.
- Knowledge of and prior exposure to labor cost reporting,
operating statements and other business related reporting is highly
desirable. The position requires skills in handling administrative
tasks and paperwork, and prior exposure to these functions is very
- Integrity: Applicants must pass a background check and have a
record clear of past felony convictions.-- Restaurant General
Managers are responsible for a multi million dollar business,
managing the store team and building relationships with valued
customers. Prior work references should be checked.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and vehicle with proof of
Keywords: Church's Chicken, Tulsa , Restaurant General Manager, Executive , Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!