Director of Safety
Company: Paul Transportation
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Call Today (866) 990-5053
Director of Safety
Ensure fleet operations are maintained and performed within company
safety guidelines as well as state and federal regulatory
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises for Federal Compliance Clerk, and Orientation
- Manages Safestat s accident, driver, vehicle and safety
management evaluations areas and the Motor Carrier Safety
Management Information System for accuracy and to ensure that
drivers have forwarded all roadside inspections to the company and
ensure accuracy of the Safestat System for the company.
- Prepare challenges to ensure Safestat accuracy
- Ensure accuracy of Safestat or Compass whichever process the
company is using with the FMCSA
- Coordinates and manages the company s operation currently meets
the safety standards and factors specified in 40 C.F.R. 385.9 and
the safety fitness standards set forth in 49 C.F.R. 385.5
- Coordinates and manages the company s operations has met the
safety fitness required through its implementation of adequate
safety management controls, capable of ensuing acceptable
compliance with the applicable safety requirements thus reducing
the risks of violations, and warrants the company a satisfactory
- Contact person in event of DOT compliance audit.
- Contact person for insurance loss control audits that affect
compliance issues and Safestat.
- Responsible for monitoring Hours of Service and log
- Perform annual violation reviews to ensure driver
- Represent the company at local, state and federal
transportation safety industry associations and functions.
- Oversee the DOT drug and alcohol program and compliance
- Review all Chain of Custody forms to ensure compliance and
drug/alcohol testing results.
- Coordinate review of FMCSA driver qualification files.
- Coordinates and reviews company policies with third party
providers to ensure physically qualified drivers are put in
- Reviews all Medical Examiner s long form documents to ensure
physically qualified drivers are used.
- Pull monthly random list.
- Develops and maintains orientation curriculum that meets the
operations, safety, etc. of servicing our customers.
- Develops and maintains safety measurement program to develop
awareness of safety fitness of the company.
- Reviews all certifications for mechanics to ensure
- Develops and coordinates all driver training in excess of
- Prepare and manage all roadside inspections to ensure equipment
- Receive, review and process driver citations and roadside
- Review road-side inspection results and follow-up on
- Work with Human Resources Director on progressive disciplinary
actions for drivers.
- Prepare all written communications to drivers to document
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, state or local laws, and
company policies violations that have occurred.
- Work closely with Operations and drivers to provide direction,
guidance and counseling.
- Implement safety and procedural changes as needed.
- Continually update knowledge of federal and state
- Ensure all accidents/incidents are investigated, documented and
reported to proper authorities.
- Monitor company s industry safety ratings and update management
- Review all DOT violations, enter into innovative, and return to
- Review log violation letters monthly.
- Primary contact for incident and accident reporting.
- Ensure first report of incident and accident reporting is
received and entered into system.
- Following and determine preventability.
- Keep track of safety bonus information.
- Record, monitor and track safety bonus program.
- Ensure drivers are attending safety meetings.
- Establish and maintain appropriate documentation and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Multiple years experience as Safety officer in transportation
- Hold current CDL; past tractor-trailer driving experience may
- College degree preferred; experience may substitute
- Thorough knowledge of DOT regulations, federal and state
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to delegate and supervise
- Knowledge of basic company employment policies and
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including
medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance,
prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and
paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as
a broad range of career development opportunities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a
working environment that provides qualified employees and
applicants with equal employment opportunity on a
non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, age,
religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identification and/or
gender nonconformity) sexual orientation, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, genetic information, physical or
mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective
service in the uniformed services or any other basis prohibited by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Paul Transportation, Tulsa , Director of Safety, Executive , Owasso, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!