Manager - Business Transformation
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... At Verizon, we are building a
world-class Finance organization. We are executing a comprehensive
program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the
organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and
professional growth. We're finding new ways to add value and
provide strategic support. We want to build leading Finance
practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any
Finance professional wants to work. You will be a catalyst for
change.This role will support Enterprise Data Strategy and will
interact with Finance personnel across all lines of business on a
regular basis. You will also forge relationships with members of
our AI&D, Accounting, FP&A, Human Resources, Information
Technology, Tax, Supply Chain, Sales/Marketing, Operations and Real
Estate teams. This role has primary accountability for strategies
and deliverables that support Finance Data Strategy transformation
and effectiveness across the Finance organization. It requires
significant interaction with business leaders and other key
stakeholders. The role is accountable to provide input and
recommendation to define processes, procedures, best practices and
standards required to support ongoing Finance data initiatives,
drive benefit realization, continuous improvement and alignment to
the future-state target operating model.
- Support the Finance Transformation Office.
- Drive the execution of the different transformational program
initiatives related to data management, stewardship and governance
that support reporting/analytics, 1ERP and other Finance
- Interact and forge relationships with partnering organization
personnel across all lines of business including AI&D,
Accounting, FP&A, Human Resources, Information Technology, Tax,
Supply Chain, Sales/Marketing, Operations and Real Estate teams on
a regular basis.
- Assess Finance data activities that are being performed and
partner with applicable parties to recommend and design business
and system process improvements and transformation
- Represent program objectives and act as a day-to-day resource
to deliver program goals and initiatives.
- Provide status updates on program and project progress,
including communication of any open risks, dependencies or
- Understand the end-to-end processes related to Finance
data.Where you'll be working:In this hybrid role, you'll have a
defined work location that includes work from home and assigned
office days set by your manager.What we're looking for... You'll
need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Verizon Lean Six Sigma and/or Design Thinking experience.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or Project
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and
- Experience with data management fundamentals (data profiling,
improvement, accuracy, completeness, data integrity, data
stewardship and data governance).
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause
analysis and project management.
- Strong understanding of financial systems, accounting systems
- Experience in Finance, General Ledger and/or Financial
- Ability to interface with various/complex stakeholder groups,
functions and senior level management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google Products (e.g. Excel/Sheets,
- Project management skills. Ideally, for large visible
- Experience managing large-scale, complex projects.
- PMP, VLSS, Design Thinking, CIA, CPA, or FP&A
certification.If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we
encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better"
qualification listed above.Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud
to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Tulsa , Manager - Business Transformation, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!