Director of Risk Management
Company: Central Library
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Director of Risk Management
Location - Central Library - 400 Civic Center, Tulsa, OK 74103
Salary: $5768.53 / month
The Director of Risk Management is a results-driven individual who
demonstrates a global view of improving security operations
throughout the library system, and has the ability to develop
relationships and maintain trusted partnerships with diverse
clients while using sound judgement to keep customers and staff
safe. Demonstrated experience delivering security culture changes.
Develops and implements security policies, procedures and programs
that can be implemented system-wide.
- Defines ambitious, measurable goals and objectives, and
identifies metrics and solutions that show impact and progress over
- Develops three-year security strategic plan and updates
accordingly; ensure staff have appropriate goals and objectives to
achieve stated initiatives.
- Leads a robust risk assessment program to drive an appropriate
staffing model and supports investments in physical security.
- Develops and implements sound risk management practices and the
library's risk, safety, and loss control programs to eliminate
and/or reduce risk of loss.
- Partners with teams across the entire company to identify and
deliver shared outcomes that measurably improve secure behavior
across the organization.
- Provides regular reports identifying actionable items for
continuous improvement to be distributed to operations and
- Evaluates and provide recommendations to close security gaps
and vulnerabilities with a heavy emphasis on incident avoidance
- Ensures that operations are consistent with industry best
practices and that the physical security strategy is aligned with
the business needs of the library
- Conducts appropriate investigations related to physical
security where and when required and manage effective referrals of
other potential investigations as needed.
- Oversees incident response and assists with protocol
adjustments and legal matters associated with security breaches as
- Ensures security teams understand and leverage continuous
improvement methods, especially as related to technology.
- Ensures timely and thorough communication with managers at all
levels, especially those who utilize security staff at their
locations. Actively travels to each physical location to understand
security needs first-hand, and mentor team members.
- Promotes security capabilities and updates with the development
and maintenance of a specialized SharePoint page.
- Maintains strong relationships and coordinates with federal,
state, tribal and local law enforcement to develop and implement
security plans for events, facilities, and key asset. Act as chief
liaison with these groups to maintain a line of sight to emerging
risks and related vulnerabilities.
- Develops and maintain appropriate physical security.
Participate in design and construction reviews to ensure crime
prevention through environmental design (CPTED) principles and
department standards are incorporated. Leads programs to assess and
maintain appropriate physical security throughout the system.
Experience & Qualifications
- College degree in public safety, security management or related
field, and a strong understanding of laws impacting public
- Seven or more years of security experience in a public
- Five or more years of supervisory experience in increasingly
- Thorough knowledge of library, city, county and other
applicable and relevant rules, policies, procedures, regulations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Exceptional customer service skills to address customer
challenges in a respectful and assertive manner:
- Ability to respond appropriately in stressful and potentially
dangerous situations which may involve unruly, disruptive or
- Valid OK driver's license;
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and
- Good time management and problem solving skills as well as
strong attention to detail;
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Office 365, Excel,
Word, PPT and other job related programs;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings
- Proven ability to understand and provide ideas for improving
various forms of technology that impact security role and safety of
customers and staff. Competitive pay and a full benefit package
(medical, dental, retirement, paid time off) are offered with this
position. The starting salary will be based upon a candidates
background in Risk Management and will have room to grow in the
role. Physical Activity & Environment Requires lifting up to 25
pounds; frequent use of office equipment as well as long periods of
sitting, standing, or walking as needed. Work is typically
conducted indoors with acceptable lighting, temperature and air
Keywords: Central Library, Tulsa , Director of Risk Management, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!