Senior Android Engineering Manager - Device Payments
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some
teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid
arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some
days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you ll be working remotely
from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet
with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska,
Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
As a Senior Engineering Manager, Device Payments , y ou will lead a
team of Android engineers to create payment experiences for
merchants and customers on GoDaddy Smart Payment Terminals. These
payment experiences will be used by both internal and external
Android developers building apps on the Poynt OS platform. You will
drive solutions and execution with your team through research,
development, testing, and release. Daily, you will manage your team
s sprint execution by helping to unblock your team and ensuring
predictable delivery of engineering capacity to the business. You
will work with your Product Management leaders to define and manage
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related
field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of software engineering team management experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing Android applications
- Partner with Product and Program Management to strategically
prioritize and plan projects
- Build strong working relationships with internal customers to
solve problems and facilitate adoption of Poynt OS
- Balance project delivery requirements amidst operational
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to engineers in design,
architecture, development, quality, and career development
- Recruit and hire engineers and develop them into a thriving,
- Firm understanding of Android SDK (e.g. Intents, Content
Providers, Services, Broadcast Receivers, AsyncTask, Handlers)
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android
- Assist in business planning and strategy by focusing on
business capabilities and maturity
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster
collaboration within and across teams You might also have...
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively
communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions We've got
your back... Enjoy our many benefits ( My Wallet ), which may vary
depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus
eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our
employee resource groups ( Culture ). Once approved, continue to
have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs,
remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the
world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online.
GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a
professional website, attract customers, sell their products and
services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our
customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their
ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the
company, visit About Us ( .)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age,
race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or
expression (including against any individual that is transitioning,
has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital
status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic
information, military and veteran status, or any other basis
prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with local and federal
If you need help completing an application for a position with
GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at .
GoDaddy doesn t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or
Keywords: Godaddy, Tulsa , Senior Android Engineering Manager - Device Payments, Executive , Independence, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!