Company: City Year
Posted on: September 13, 2019
The mission of the Impact Manager is to lead and develop a team of
8 - 12 City Year AmeriCorps members to implement the Whole School,
Whole Child program at 1 high-need Tulsa public school. Reporting
directly to one of two Impact Directors, the Impact Manager's role
is focused on coaching their team to support off-track students and
strengthen the partner school while also developing their
AmeriCorps members' leadership skills.
AmeriCorps Member Program Delivery and Experience
- Lead, manage, and coach a team of 8 - 12 AmeriCorps members
(between the ages of 18 - 25) to achieve service impact with
students and to reach their leadership development
- Model leadership that reflects City Year's culture and values,
and create spaces that empower AmeriCorps members to access the
power of City Year's culture and values in personally meaningful
- Effectively develop talent from within the corps for City Year
and the larger education field, and lead AmeriCorps members to have
a successful and rewarding year of service through their in-school
service and a leadership development curriculum.
Service Delivery and Impact
- Implement City Year's Whole School, Whole Child Tier 1 (whole
class) supports and Tier 2 (one-on-one and small group)
interventions, ensuring AmeriCorps members are working with the
right students, and achieving proper dosage with those
- Develop and manage partnerships with school administration,
teachers and staff to ensure the necessary conditions and resources
are in place for AmeriCorps members to deliver attendance,
behavior, and course performance interventions for
- Partner directly with the City Year Impact Coach to provide
observation and coaching to AmeriCorps members to improve their
- Conduct Student Progress Monitoring:
- Oversee collection and input of intervention and outcome data
into City Year's internal database.
- Track data of all students enrolled in City Year's
interventions to ensure dosage and student progress requirements
- In partnership with the Impact Director and Impact Coach,
analyze student-level data to strengthen overall service delivery
at partner school.
- Oversee AmeriCorps member-led school climate activities and
organizational initiatives, including after-school programming.
Service Partner Management
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with teachers,
principals, school officials, and other key decision makers and
stakeholders within the partner school.
- Partner closely with the school's leadership team including the
school's City Year liaison.
- Manage the implementation of a school partnership
Participation in Organizational Initiatives
- Devote up to 10 working days a year to AmeriCorps member
- Assist with Martin Luther King Day, Opening Day, Graduation,
and other side-wide designated events.
- Attend overnight events including Summer Academy (a conference
for all City Year staff held in Boston for 1 week in the summer),
and other local and national events.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Work, Urban Studies,
Youth Work, or other related field strongly preferred or 2 - 3
years equivalent work experience.
- Candidates with a background in teaching or education
preferred; urban education experience ideal.
- Knowledge of the Tulsa Public School district is
- Sets high expectations for self and others s/he is leading, and
holds self and team accountable for performance goals.
- Able to develop diverse talent through performance plans,
reviews, and leadership opportunities.
- Thrives in diverse, youthful, high energy, entrepreneurial, and
- Able to execute on goals within flexible and changing
- Willingness to powerfully represent City Year, including
wearing the City Year uniform, and upholding all City Year
- AmeriCorps/City Year alumni are encouraged to apply.
A candidate must demonstrate proficiency in the following
- Team Leadership and Collaboration
- Leverages diverse strengths of team members to achieve desired
- Coaches and empowers others to lead.
- Addresses and resolves team conflict swiftly and
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making
- Links problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and
focuses on addressing most critical, high-impact issues.
- Organizes appropriate information, expertise, and diverse
perspectives for self and others to develop optimal solutions and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to break down large concepts into teachable bits that
others can internalize easily.
- Executes to Results
- Strong attention to detail and proven organizational and
project management skills.
- Ability to manage self and others.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with
experience. Benefits for full time employees include health
insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays,
parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse
workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to
apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Keywords: City Year, Tulsa , Impact Manager, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!