Vice President, Business Development
Company: Matrix PDM Engineering
Posted on: November 10, 2019
The Vice President, Business Development is responsible for
providing senior-level, strategic leadership and direction of the
Business Development function for the organization.
* Actively support the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards
while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and
* Develop short- and long-term business development strategies in
support of the overall business and organizational objectives.
* Provide direction and technical advice to operating management to
identify and prioritize potential markets, customers and business
* Manage and deploy Business Development Managers in alignment with
operations, including supervision, training, strategizing, goal
setting and measurement, etc.
* Identify and pursue new markets and business opportunities in
support of strategic objectives.
* Participate in the preparation and implementation of the
organization's business plan, including revenue forecasting,
targeted markets and customers, competitors, etc.
* Develop and maintain target accounts which have the potential to
provide for large numbers of inquiries and profitable sales
revenues, including developing and maintaining account plans for
* Follows target industries to watch for changes which could result
in increases or decreases in inquiries and revenues.
* Leverages existing customer relationships to provide
opportunities for all applicable scopes of work provided by
* Make presentations to senior management of existing and
prospective customers on the company's products, services and
overall capabilities; entertain customers as needed.
* On major proposals, provide direct sales support and actively
participate in closing the "sale". May assist in final contract
negotiations with the client.
* Direct, and participate as needed, in industry trade shows,
meetings and events in support of business objectives.
* Work closely with other company marketing and business
development personnel to ensure close coordination and consistency
of marketing efforts.
* Interview, select, hire, train, and evaluate business development
personnel. Establish goals and objectives for business development
staff and monitor performance in relation to goals throughout the
* Perform additional assignments as required or assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or a
related area; or equivalent job-related experience/knowledge.
* 15+ years of related business development, sales, or marketing
experience; previous experience in industrial construction or
* Advanced interpersonal, oral and written communications skills,
including the ability to make highly effective presentations,
interface effectively at all levels internally and within client
organizations, and speak publicly.
* Demonstrated skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical
* Hands on, practical approach to management, both in working with
Company personnel and making presentations to senior management
* Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced,
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize
and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
* High energy level with a strong sense of urgency.
* Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access,
Outlook, PowerPoint, internet search capabilities; exposure to
contact management software experience preferred.
* Willingness to travel as needed/required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Matrix PDM Engineering, Tulsa , Vice President, Business Development, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!