Director of Business Development, Tulsa, OK, US ID#16323
Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Director of Business Development - Tulsa, OK (ID#16323)
Cherokee Nation Businesses is looking for a Director of Business
Development for its businesses in the Engineering & Manufacturing
sector. This exciting opportunity will leverage the candidate's
leadership ability and experience in business development.
For more than 40 years, CNB's Engineering and Manufacturing
companies have provided on-time, on-budget aerospace and defense
services for commercial and government clients. Each business
serves its clients with award-winning excellence and
responsiveness. Working with these tribal-owned companies offers
government agencies the option to award sole source contracts,
providing flexible and efficient means of allocating resources for
projects of all sizes.
Plans and executes all aspects of business development policies,
objectives and initiatives. Supports sales/business development
activities across the Engineering and Manufacturing Segment. Deep
understanding and experience within the Department of Defense;
existing networks and high-level contacts within Department of
Defense and Aerospace OEM's.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
· Effectively prospect of potential clients through various lead
sources (including cold calling).
· Develop, manage, and track an account or market.
· Develop creative ideas and solutions based on a client's
· Create and present proposals to clients to secure business.
· Direct accounts from proposal through post-analysis to
· Lead the development of strong client relationships for
· Be a positive team player and active role model for support staff
and other business development personnel.
· Limited travel.
Will provide direction and leadership to department. Will
participate in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree
* 5+ years applicable experience
* **Preferred canddiate will have a Strong working knowledge of
Engineering, Manufacturing, Aerospace and Federal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Proven marketing and BD to the federal government
* Ability to confidently understand and present complex materials
to C-suite executives
* Superb client management, expectation management, negotiation,
and conflict resolution skills
* Excellent organization, initiative, follow-up, and communication
* Strong writing, grammatical, and proofing skills
* Strong motivation to exceed goals
* Enthusiasm for sales and marketing
* Self-confident, high energy, self-motivated, and a quick
* Tactful persistence with clients and is not afraid of selling
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to handle high levels of stress
* Works efficiently and prioritizes well.
Position is primarily performed in a climate controlled and
professional office setting. Some travel is required including
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual
orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights
as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to
the following two sites: EEO Statement - EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This
email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used
to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and
paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of
proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request,
we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan
accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request
with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative
Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at
"CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or
follow up on job applications.
Keywords: Cherokee Nation Businesses, Tulsa , Director of Business Development, Tulsa, OK, US ID#16323, Executive , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!