Patient Registration Representative - St. John Health System (PRN, 2nd Shift)
Company: R1 RCM
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Shift: Days& Hours will vary depending on coverage needs.
Position is as needed with no set days or hours. Anticipated shift:
1:00pm - 9:00pm. Must be able to travel and work between 6
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle
management services which transform and solve challenges across
health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in
Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees
throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so
providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority
is to always do what is best for our clients, patient's and each
other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement
a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving
sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows
while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient
The Patient Registration Representative will be responsible for
accurate and timely patient registration utilizing medical systems.
This person will assign ICD-10 and CPT codes relative to patient
registration. This person will utilize facility medical necessity
tool to verify appropriate diagnosis and coverage criteria. This
work will need to be performed according to established policies
and procedures. The associate will provide exceptional customer
service to physicians, patients, family members and all other
medical professionals. In addition to the day to day
responsibilities, this person will actively participate in quality
improvement and innovative change processes as well as departmental
meetings and educational offerings.
In this role, the successful candidate must have demonstrated
experience handling patients with efficiency and accuracy to broad
- Perform registration and basic insurance verification, ensuring
collection of 7 critical data elements necessary for proper patient
identification and billing.
- Identify and update patient demographic information on ADT
system as defined by departmental policy and procedures.
- Interpret physician orders for appropriate testing or admission
- Coordinate patient admission needs and beds assignment to
facilitate timely patient placement.
- Identify non-participating Insurances or Out of Networks plans;
takes necessary steps to inform patients and physicians regarding
options, including but not limited to canceling appointment.
- Obtain Insurance Card copies or validate insurance information
via electronic medical record, transfer information, or insurance
- Provide courteous and accurate patient and hospital information
with way finding instructions for patients, families, visitors, and
- Prepare documents for imaging/scanning into electronic patient
- Explains processes and forms to patients prior to securing
signatures and ensures that all documents are properly signed and
witnessed as required.
- Assemble and disassemble patient charts or departmental
documents according to department policy.
- Copying and or faxing documents to ancillary areas or physician
- Maintain inventory control of forms and paper supplies needed
- Assist with all possible account resolutions pertaining to
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with customer service
- Computer savvy with experience navigating between multiple
- Must have MS Office Experience and excellent typing skills
- Must have a high degree of customer service skills in order to
communicate effectively with patients, visitors, physicians and
- Must demonstrate problem-solving abilities and high attention
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit and move freely for extended
periods of time
- Must be able to work in a patient care environment with
exposure to infection or contagious disease
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Completed a Medical Terminology class
- Certification in healthcare access preferred
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office
equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper
requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time
to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Frequent interactions with associates, patient care providers,
patients, and visitors that require associate to verbally
communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information,
alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly
during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and
delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes
frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care,
accessing needed information banding patients, etc.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients
and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This
includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including
heavy items (over 50 lbs.).
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared
expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team
has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions,
collaboration and the freedom to explore professional
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to
innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the
communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of
excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care.
We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive
benefits package. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com
R1 RCM Inc. ("the Company") is committed to the principles of equal
employment opportunity. The Company's practices and employment
decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring,
assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training,
discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is committed
to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the
foregoing protected categories.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the job application process,
please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
#IDHMHI #LI-DB1 HM01 #GDHM1
Keywords: R1 RCM, Tulsa , Patient Registration Representative - St. John Health System (PRN, 2nd Shift), Healthcare , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!