Home Health RN Case Manager, FT - Muskogee, Oklahoma!
Company: ACCENTRA HOME HEALTHCARE
Posted on: January 9, 2021
This position qualifies for a $1,000 signing bonus!POSITION
SUMMARY:Provides professional care to nursing care to the agency's
home care patients as prescribed by the physician and in compliance
with the State Nurse Practice Act and the agency policies and
procedures. May also provide professional nursing services in an
institutional setting within the policies and procedures of that
institution.SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Works under the direction of the
Director of Clinical Services, or in an office where there is not a
DCS, works under the general direction of the Administrator or
Clinical Liaison.SUPERVISION EXERCISED:May supervise services
provided by Home Health Aides.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Currently
certified as a Registered Nurse under the laws of the states in
which they intend to practice. Preference may be made to nurses
with previous home health experience. Recent experience in direct
patient care in an institution or home health setting is
preferred.Must be flexible to adjust to changing tasks frequently.
Requires good hearing to assess situations quickly and respond
appropriately. Good color vision essential to determine subtle
changes in patient's skin color and to rapidly recognize medication
and color-coded supplies. Light to moderate physical activity
required, including possible lifting up to 35 lbs and turning of
adult clients. Light to moderate degrees of stress incurred in
daily employment. Must have valid driver's license, reliable
vehicle, maintain valid auto liability insurance, and be able to
drive throughout service area under a variety of weather
conditions. Contact with a variety of housing conditions required.
Must be able to maintain concentration during frequent
- Delivers service/ visits to assigned patients and preforms
direct care in accordance with physician ordered plan of care to
provide optimal care.
- Develop and implement an individualized plan of care on all
assigned patients to be updated as needed to ensure quality of care
- May supervise home health aides on a routine basis to
accomplish the plan of treatment. Performs and submits home health
aide supervisory notes per agency policy.
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social and
environmental status. Performs:
- Comprehensive Initial Assessments, SOC,
- Re-certification Assessments,
- Resumption of Care Assessments,
- Discharge Assessments,
- Educate patients and caregivers on disease processes, goals,
and rehabilitation as outlined by Medicare and defined by Accentra
Home Health and Hospice policies and procedures.
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding changes
in patient status to the appropriate team person and provides
follow up to assure resolution of any identified problem.
- Participate and lead case presentation in weekly case
management meeting to ensure optimal care is being provided and
address/identify ways to improve quality of care.
- Assure that patient needs are continually assessed to allow the
provision of optimal care.
- Confers with other home health team members and participates
regularly in patient care conferences to facilitate coordination of
- Maintains acceptable standards of practice as evidenced by
quality assurance activities.
- Records observations accurately and concisely.
- Report changes in patient's condition to physician(s) and
initiate necessary procedures as ordered.
- Maintains and completes patient's medical record in accordance
with agency standards.
- Inform physician, designated supervisor, case team, and other
designated individuals immediately of changes in a patient's
- Provide accurate, timely, complete, and acceptable
- Accurate - reflecting good nursing judgment and as
- Timely - Start of Care documentation to be turned in within 5
days, all other documentation to be turned in within 48 hours.
- Complete - all notes completed in totality, with a legible and
understandable narrative. All admission documents completed and
- Acceptable - meeting acceptable Medicare guidelines as
explained and documented in accordance with Accentra Home Health
and Hospice Policies and Procedures.
- Plans and implements nursing interventions to meet identified
patient physical, psychological, social, and environmental
- Administers medication and performs treatments to assigned
- Participates in on-call, holiday, and weekend rotation, as
- Participates in in-service education programs to learn new
treatments, procedures, developmental skills, etc.ADDITIONAL
- Shares expanded knowledge and skills with other staff
- Interprets agency philosophy and policies to patients, families
and other groups.
- Utilizes appropriate community resources, identifies new
resources, and shares information with co-workers.
- Utilizes agency resources efficiently.
- Provides own transportation that is in good working order.
- Assists with orientation and training of new staff, as
- Performs quality assurance activities as assigned.
- Records observations accurately and concisely.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Completes and submits complete patient records in a timely
manner.(This description does not reflect all the responsibilities
of the position, nor shall this be considered as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in
Keywords: ACCENTRA HOME HEALTHCARE, Tulsa , Home Health RN Case Manager, FT - Muskogee, Oklahoma!, Healthcare , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!