Mental Health Technician I
Company: Oklahoma Department Of Mental Health And Substance
Posted on: January 16, 2022
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN I, 2655
About the Position:
- Under close supervision, this position provides
non-professional direct or indirect care for consumers of
behavioral health treatment in an inpatient setting. This includes
participation in de-escalation activities and assuring that
consumers are kept safe. This position acts as a role model for
consumers, demonstrating effective problem solving and
decision-making skills and will assist in providing therapeutic
activities for the consumer, transporting residents to and from
medical appointments, and assuring scheduled programming is carried
- Open/Close dates: 7/1/2021 Until filled
- Annual Salary is $28,288.20 +
- $1.00/hr differential for working in an inpatient setting;
$0.43/hr shift differentials when working evening or nights and
- Primary Working Hours are 6:30am-3:00pm; 2:30pm-11:00pm;
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- No experience or education is required.
- Applicants must be able to pass an OSBI background check.
- Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related
travel normally associated with this position and as such have a
valid drivers license.
- Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental
Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a
physical examination and shall meet the physical examination
requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 65 pounds and able to
push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package
designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our
- Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance
- A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing
condition exclusions or limitations
- Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or
- Employee assistance programs and health and fitness
- 11 paid holidays
- 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
- Longevity Bonus for years of service
- Student Loan repayment options
- Training opportunities for CEU requirements
About us: The Oklahoma Forensic Center in Northeast Oklahoma is the
largest inpatient behavioral health facility in the ODMHSAS system.
We employ around 260 individuals and house approximately 200
consumers whom have been found incompetent of adjudication or
adjudicated as Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a
conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive
positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for
drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be
contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS
AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES
MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be
provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Oklahoma Department Of Mental Health And Substance, Tulsa , Mental Health Technician I, Healthcare , Vinita, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!