Medical Records Clerk
Posted on: June 22, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Medical Records Clerks who
have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional setting. The Medical Records Clerk provides
administrative support in the operation of the medical clinic by
performing varied and complex clerical and related administrative
functions requiring independent judgment in the use of work methods
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of medical records
maintenance; of applicable federal and state laws and agency and
facility policies and procedures; of current classification
systems; of report writing techniques; and of medical
- Ability is required to maintain medical records; to code data
to records; to review medical records for completeness and
accuracy; to prepare reports; to abstract information from records
and other patient data; to present information effectively.
- Monitor outside referrals and coordinates transfer of medical
- Assist in the preparation of routine medical and dental
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with
others; and to utilize personal computers.More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with
a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to government and the people
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successful
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you. Each CoreCivic
facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature
kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational
training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing
units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we
provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day.
Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are
able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security
around the clock.CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays,
401(k) with company match and paid training! Qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Must be eligible for accreditation with the American Health
Information Management Association as an Accredited Records
Technician (ART) or two years of experience working with patient
records in a medical setting such as a hospital, state institution,
medical clinic or a physician's office.
- A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by
contract or applicable statute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word for Windows, Lotus 1-2-3 or Excel
and other personal computer applications preferred.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-FreeWorkplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Tulsa , Medical Records Clerk, Healthcare , Drumright, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!