Home Therapy Rn - Tulsa, Oklahoma - Dialysis
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Home Therapy Rn - Tulsa, OklahomaPURPOSE AND SCOPE: The
professional registered nurse (Home Therapy CAP RN 2) position may
be an entry level CAP designation for new employees that meet the
CAP RN 2 criteria or attained through advancement from CAP RN 1.--
The CAP RN 2 is accountable and responsible for the provision and
coordination of clinically competent care including assessment,
planning, intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of home
therapy patients. As a member of the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
health care team, the CAP RN 2 participates in decision-making,
teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities
that enhance patient care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:All duties and
responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with
Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards of nursing
practice, state and federal regulations.--
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Program Manager and with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor or a
Home Therapy CAP RN 2,3, 4 or 5 for the first 3 months of
- Required to complete CAP program requirements to either
maintain the CAP RN 2 level or advance to CAP RN 3.
- Performs ongoing, systematic review and analysis of dialysis
data for Home Therapy patients and documents in the patient medical
record, adjusts or modifies the treatment plan as indicated and
notifies Supervisor/ Manager or physician as needed.
- Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input.------ --
- Assesses assigned patient care needs and collaborates with
direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
- Directs and provides, in collaboration with the patient, home
care partner, direct and ancillary patient care staff, all aspects
of the provision of safe and effective delivery of dialysis therapy
to assigned patients.
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s), and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness
- Ensures correct patient laboratory collection, processing and
shipping procedures are performed and reschedules missed or
insufficient laboratory collections.
- Ensures physician orders for assigned patients are entered and
acknowledged in the Medical Record
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to RNs, LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
- Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and
adherence to FKC policy and procedures.
- Promotes infection control, equipment and environmental
- Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Assists in the identification, evaluation, selection and
education of Home Dialysis candidates and Home Partners.
- Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home
Dialysis candidate's home environment and partner/ family readiness
and ability to perform dialysis treatments in the home.--
- Admits new Home Therapy patients using the appropriate
processes per Fresenius Kidney Care policy and procedure.
- Trains Home Dialysis patients and / or Home Partners on the
safe, effective operation and maintenance of all Home Dialysis
equipment and treatment supplies through a formal standardized Home
Dialysis Training Program.--
- Identifies expected outcomes, documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Assesses and manages patients' response to home dialysis
training and treatment therapy by following prescribed
predetermined protocols. Communicates patient related issues to the
physician as needed.
- Serves as a leader, coach, mentor and role model for new and
incumbent employees by setting examples of appropriate behavior,
work habits and attitudes towards patients, co-workers, supervisors
and the company at the facility and area level.-- May serve as a
Preceptor to new employees.
- As a Preceptor fulfills the following:
- Demonstrates, reinforces, and encourages attitudes and actions
which are consistent with FKC Mission and Core Values.
- Follows schedule established by the Education Department to
ensure that information presented in class is applied in the
- Seeks opportunities for new employees and communicates progress
to Program Manager.-- Provides feedback about new employee's
progress to the PM and the Education Department using evaluation
tools and direct communication.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains direct supervision of the new employee until the
employee is released to work independently by the Education
Department and PM.
- Encourages the new employee to function independently within
the constraints of the training schedule and supplies positive
feedback as well as suggestions to improve knowledge and
- Performs essential functions of a designated Nurse in charge as
assigned by Supervisor.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in the assessment
and development of patient plans of care.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as
- Checks availability of adequate emergency equipment and
supplies daily as assigned.
- Assists with medication tracking and inventory as
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled.
- Supports and promotes the Fresenius Kidney Care mission,
vision, values, and customer service philosophy.--
- Provides education to staff members regarding updates to policy
and procedures as directed by Supervisor/ Manager.
- Participates in education and quality improvement projects at
the facility and area level as directed by Supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation.-- Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
assistance.-- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of
standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee
may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and
equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water
solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.-- The work
environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air
temperature control and moderate noise levels.-- May be exposed to
infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Rotates coverage with other licensed home therapy staff as
assigned to ensure reliable and adequate coverage.--
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation. (Night,
Weekend or as defined by individual program needs).
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position at
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above including travel to patient's
- Assigned oversight of patient care technicians/LPNs as a Team
Leader or designated Nurse in charge, after the following:
- --Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees plus
- --Must have a minimum of 3 months experience in chronic home
dialysis and/ or home hemodialysis plus
- --Achieve and maintain all CAP RN 2 level criteria.EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.--EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with 2 years or more of nephrology nursing
experience within the last two years or BSN plus 1 year of
nephrology nursing experience within the last two years.
- Chronic home dialysis or hemodialysis experience
- Successful completion of FKC Education and Training
requirements for new employees.
- Successful completion and maintenance of CPR BLS
- Meet all conditions of employment including Ishihara's Color
- Successful completion of all annual required
- Successful completion of on-going training and education as
assigned or required.--EO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Tulsa , Home Therapy Rn - Tulsa, Oklahoma - Dialysis, Healthcare , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!