Company: Oak Street Health Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of
community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality
health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical
costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare
in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic,
comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient's
communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest
cost savings in further care for those same communities and others.
Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to
tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan,
Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious
growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating
team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about
the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Our Care Teams include a doctor, medical assistants, a scribe, a
nurse practitioner or physician assistant, and support from
registered nurses and care managers. At Oak Street Health Nurse
Practitioners/Physician Assistants are an integral member of our
Care Teams. NP/PAs see patients independently and alongside the
doctors, depending upon the patient's specific situation. NPs
provide longitudinal care and build meaningful patient
relationships; this creates trust and helps our patient understand
and feel connected to his/her care plan.
Together this team is responsible for providing and coordinating
care for an intimate panel of patients in our neighborhoods. While
the typical primary care panel in the U.S. is around 2,500 patients
for a single physician, our panels at Oak Street Health are around
500-750 for a team. This creates an opportunity to spend more time
with patients, build deeper relationships, and to better
execute/coordinate care plans.
NP/PA's practice in our outpatient practices. We partner with a
network of elite specialists and hospitals for specialty and acute
care. As such, our NPs, with our doctors, focus on care within the
clinic: primary care, care coordination, and population health.
* Provision of exceptional primary care.
* Office visits for routine and acute issues.
* Annual wellness visits and health risk assessments, which require
a holistic view of health and a focus on thoughtful, accurate, and
* Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing
* Population health leadership, in coordination with the Care Team
(e.g., making sure all our women between 65 and 75 get their
evidence-based breast cancer screening every 2 years).
* Phone triage and outreach.
* Patient education.
* Oak Street Health promotional activities.
* Home visits as needed.
* Other duties as assigned
This role reports to the Practice Manager and works closely with
the Oak Street Health Physicians Group, P.C. leadership.
What we're looking for:
* Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants with experience in
primary care: internal medicine, geriatrics, or family
* Experience with risk adjustments and/or home assessments.
* Understands HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories)
documentation, ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10)
Coding, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs).
* Active, non-probationary state license.
* Genuine passion for primary care. (Done well, the practice of
medicine should be fun.)
* Intrinsically motivated and prefer work hard/play hard.
* Embrace teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate with
* Want to be a part of an innovative model focused on
empirically-guided population health.
* Spanish language skills strongly preferred, depending on clinic
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be
found in other workplaces, including:
* Generous benefits, including above market salary, paid vacation
and health and dental benefits.
* Brand new, beautiful working environment.
* Supportive and fun culture.
* High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement.
* Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we
know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our
team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work.
In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.
Keywords: Oak Street Health Inc., Tulsa , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!