Lead Medical Technologist
Company: Hillcrest Medical Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Join our Hillcrest Medical Center team as a Day Shift, Full-Time
Microbiology Lead Medical Technologist! Candidates may be eligible
for a $3,000 or $5,000 Sign on Bonus. Who We AreHillcrest Medical
Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest Health Care System, is a
620-bed hospital among Oklahoma s most widely respected and
acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of
services in many areas including Oklahoma s largest dedicated heart
hospital. After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how our
Laboratory Services department is powered by our purpose of caring
for people our patients, their families and one another. With great
teamwork and a knowledgeable, tenured staff, we offer great
learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you
love most caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements
below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join
our team, please apply today! What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Sign on bonus!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability
What You ll Do The Medical Technologist Lead is responsible for the
performance and results reporting of diagnostic and therapeutic
laboratory procedures, procurement and processing of specimens,
selection, maintenance and validation of instruments, and
establishing and monitoring quality control programs in order to
provide technical support of patient care. Serves as department
lead regarding various management activities and exercises
leadership in the daily operations of the department. The
successful candidate will be able to:
- Be responsible for enforcement of sectional and departmental
policies and procedures to promote effective operations.
- Monitor all supply purchases and worked hours. Adjust
scheduling of personnel with fluctuations in patient census.
- Serve as the ultimate resource for other technical personnel
for questions or problem solving. Responsible for scheduling,
training, and evaluation of competency for new employees and
- Have ultimate responsibility for problem solving in the
department. Seek guidance and keeps supervisor/manager informed of
issues and resolutions.
- Develop, review, and revise policy and procedure manuals to
ensure accurate results and compliance with accrediting agencies.
Insure all employees review and are competent on new and/or current
policies and procedures.
- Evaluate technical performance and competency of
- Establish and maintain a relationship with each individual
employee. Understand the employee s goals and support and develop
the employee toward achievement of those goals.
- Demonstrate acceptance of responsibility for identifying,
investigating, documenting, and resolution of minor and major
problems in the department. Will keep department supervisor
informed of issues and resolutions.
What You ll Bring
- Bachelor s degree required
- MT/MLT certification from ASCP required
- 5-7 years of MT experience in a hospital lab setting
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication
- Professionalism displayed through sound judgement, initiative,
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes
quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give
directions to others
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze,
make sound decisions under stressful situations
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability Associated topics:
ascp, hematopathology, medical technologist, mls, sample
collection, services, technician, technician lab, technologist,
Keywords: Hillcrest Medical Center, Tulsa , Lead Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!