Director, Oncology TMCP- Target Therapies
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Description:Description\:As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim,
you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and
delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global
presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in several ways to foster a healthy working environment,
meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and
work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit
programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
employees.The Director, TMCP is a globally or locally acting
managerial role in TMCP, combining scientific excellence, strategic
guidance and leadership for the respective TMCP area of
responsibility or TA with people management. This role fosters
delivery of the TMCP Mission, Vision & Strategic Intent to build
understanding of diseases and drugs by developing and implementing
innovative translational strategies across the entire clinical
development pipeline.We are seeking an Associate Head/Director of
Oncology Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology (TMCP) to
develop clinical targeted therapy biomarker strategies and ensuring
delivery within our internal project portfolio teams.As an
internally and externally recognized distinguished expert & leader
with functional and/or TA focus, this role\:
- Leads clinical drug development activities and/or strategic
initiatives of high complexity and value.
- Is accountable for state-of-the-art strategies, processes,
technologies, methodologies, tools and processes around
- Is responsible for functional innovation.
- key decision maker in internal committees regarding your area
of responsibility; you contribute to and co-ordinate translational
medicine deliverables to (pre-) clinical development, based on the
best available science and technologies.
- You review and approve translational medicine and biomarker
strategies and their implementation in Clinical Trial Protocols,
Trial Reports, scientific publications, and presentations as
delegated by the TMCP head of oncology.
- You lead your teams' collaboration with internal TMCP
functions, oncology Discovery and Medicine, Clinical Operation, and
external stakeholders to ensure translational insights are
appropriately reflected across oncology targeted therapy clinical
development strategies and implementation.
- You coach and oversee your team members as key elements of your
responsibility. By leading and managing employees belonging to your
team.Duties & Responsibilities\:FUNCTIONAL LEADERSHIP - for the
respective area of responsibility\:
- Accountable for the strategy implementation and direction
including its organizational and scientific development;
contributing at the next higher organizational level.
- Designs and implements innovative concepts in line with the
strategy at the next higher organizational level/TMCP.
- Contributes to the overall strategy implementation and
direction of TMCP.
- Strategic leadership and accountability for scientific,
operational and technological excellence and subsequent
implementation in area of responsibility.
- Accountable for the strategic and scientific development.
- Incorporates emerging trends and scientific innovation, new
regulatory guidance etc. into functional operations.
- Implements and fosters an open and agile OneTMCP mindset
driving a culture of smart, courageous risk taking and
accountability.PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - for the respective area of
- Leads leaders and/or experienced scientists.
- Global accountability.
- People development including effective talent management,
leadership training & goal setting according to BI leadership
principles; that way, contributing to development of future leaders
- Enables transparent and effective communication, fosters
exchange of knowledge and experience within the area of
responsibility, across the TMCP organization, and with neighboring
- Fosters an atmosphere within the organization that takes
advantage of the width of expertise within TMCP and grows the
- Represents area of responsibility as well as TMCP at internal
as well as external meetings and committees and panels.
- Internal interfaces\:
- Responsible to focus on and build up in-depth expertise around
a specific interface, for strategic area or state of the art
technology, involving a multitude of TMCP areas as well as
stakeholders outside of TMCP or BI.
- External interfaces\:
- Initiates and ensures implementation of strategic partnerships
and interactions with external providers. Identifies commercial,
academic or government partners/stakeholders including regulatory
agencies and ensures an effective collaboration.INITIATIVES\:
- Accountable for design and implementation of initiatives within
the respective area of responsibility.
- Represents the respective area or TMCP in overarching
- Ensures that deliverables of area of responsibility are
executed in accordance with SOPs, policies, procedures, and
applicable regulations such as GCP and laws.BUDGET - for the
respective area of responsibility\:
- Accountable for budget adherence.Requirements\:
- PhD/MD preferably a field related to the area of responsibility
such as cancer biology and/or genomics, with extensive experience
in targeted therapies and oncology drug development within the
industry or academia
- Long-standing experience in clinical development, translational
medicine and clinical pharmacology.
- Personnel management skills.
- In depths experience around responsibility.
- Strong background in life science and/or medicine, i.e.,
translational medicine, clinical pharmacology, biomarkers,
pharmaceutical sciences, molecular biology, bioinformatics, data
- Expert knowledge in preclinical and all phases of clinical drug
development in the pharmaceutical industry; Familiar with
applicable laws, regulatory guidelines and requirements, e. g. GCP
and ICH guidelines.
- Demonstrated successful personnel and matrix leadership skills
in a complex setting and evidence of inspirational and productive
leadership of individuals and teams as well as teamwork in a
- Leadership experience\:
- Leading employees.
- Leading projects.
- Project management skills, incl. strong background in planning,
organization, execution and implementation of (non-portfolio)
projects on a global level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and
- Track record of successfully developing and implementing
- International exposure in daily business (> 50% of
international business/customers/staff) > 2 years.
- Ability to act as an oncology translational medicine/science
ambassador to enhance the external image and reputation of
Boehringer IngelheimEligibility Requirements\:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older.Who We Are\:At Boehringer
Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\:
to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies
and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need
for both humans and animals. As a family-owned company, we focus on
long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally
who nurture a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive culture.
Learning and development for all employees is key because your
growth is our growth.Want to learn more? Visit
boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more
health.Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer
who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We
embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive
environment, which benefits our employees, patients, and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Tulsa , Director, Oncology TMCP- Target Therapies, Healthcare , Independence, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...