Registered Nurse / RN Oncology
Company: Utica Park Clinic
Posted on: September 20, 2023
We are looking for an experienced Oncology RN to join our team
Registered Nurse (RN) Utica Park Clinic Medical Oncology Utica Park
Clinic (UPC) is part of Ardent Health Services, based in Nashville,
Tennessee. Ardent makes considerable investments in people,
technology, facilities, and communities, producing high quality
care and extraordinary results.Utica Park Clinic is the physicians
group of Hillcrest HealthCare System. With over 60 locations
throughout northeastern Oklahoma, most patients enjoy the
convenience of a location that is close to home. UPC patients have
consistently given top ratings (98% patient satisfaction scores)
for the quality of care they receive. When choosing a healthcare
provider, you can be confident that you'll find a good match at
Utica Park Clinic.The UPC Medical Oncology location is currently
looking for a member to join our team! The Registered Nurse (RN)
will report directly to the Office Manager and will be responsible
for vitals, injections and basic triage and should be able to
assist in minor procedures.
Want to make a difference? The ideal team member will:
- Communicate effectively and demonstrates ability to assess and
interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each
patient's age specific needs and provide the care needed by
pediatric, adolescent, young adult, middle-aged and geriatric
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural diversity, the ability to
provide care and service and exhibit the communication skill
necessary to interact effectively with the customer.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information in
verbal, written and electronic information.
- Demonstrate proper patient work up when rooming patients. This
includes being proficient with taking vitals, proper documentation
of the patient medications, and obtaining the chief complaint.
- Demonstrate knowledge of giving injection ordered by the
physician. This includes having knowledge of the amount to be
given, size of needle, the location and proper documentation of the
injection in the chart.
- Demonstrate the ability to set up for a procedure. Setting up a
sterile field and setting up with the appropriate instruments for
- Demonstrate the knowledge of cleaning, packaging and labeling
the instrument package for sterilization.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of using, cleaning and proper
documentation of the autoclave.
- Demonstrate knowledge to provide lab or diagnostic
interpretation to the patient once the physician has signed off on
- Demonstrate appropriate documentation of any phone calls made
to the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance and referrals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of chart set up - knowing where to file
the office notes, lab, diagnostic reports, correspondence, etc. in
- Knowledgeable of the location and contents of the SDS
- Limits access to patient/employees information on a job related
need to know basis.
Want to be a part of our team? Qualifications for this position
- High School Diploma or GED
- Oklahoma RN License
- BLS Certification
- Experience in oncology at least 1 year
- SKILLSMust be knowledgeable of medical terminology, routine
office procedures and medical instruments and also be skilled in
the taking of vital signs. In addition, candidates should possess a
solid understanding of medical terminology, good customer service
skills, computer skills, phone experience, and good written/verbal
communication skills. Must be knowledgeable of routine office
procedures and medical instruments. This position will adhere to
all policies, procedures and regulations to ensure patient safety
and compliance. CONSIDERATIONHow do you get considered to be a part
of our team? It is easy!Click "Apply Now"This position is located
at 1245 S. Utica Ave.
Keywords: Utica Park Clinic, Tulsa , Registered Nurse / RN Oncology, Healthcare , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!