RN Clinical Nurse Specialist - Critical Care
Posted on: February 15, 2019
We Are Hiring RN Clinical Nurse Specialist - Critical CareSt. John Medical Center - 1923 S. Utica Ave, Tulsa Ok. 74104.Why Join Ascension? St. John Health System is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. The health system also includes primary and specialty physician clinics, outpatient treatment centers, urgent care facilities and a regional medical laboratory. St. John Health System is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. Our promise of medical excellence and compassionate care is at the center of our Catholic mission as we serve the sick and needy in our communities. The mission of St. John Health System is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by providing high quality healthcare. Our Core Values are Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. These values are expressed every day in our actions with patients, families and co-workers. St John Health System, a part of Ascension, is an award-winning hospital that has grown from 50 beds when the hospital opened in 1926, to currently 600 beds with more than 800 physicians and 1,700 nurses across the system. Several of St. John's most recent and prestigious awards include:
- St. John Medical Center is Tulsa's only Magnet designated facility. This is nationally recognized as the gold standard in nursing excellence.
- St. John Medical Center was named by Oklahoma Magazine as one of the state's "Best of the Best" hospital facilities.
- In 2, St. John Medical Center was named the No.1 Hospital in Oklahoma by the U.S. News and World Report, receiving high performing rank in the following: abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, colon cancer surgery, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Why Work for St. John
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance. If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center - holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable. What You Will Do As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to provide advanced care, consultation, research, management and education in a specific clinical area.Responsibilities:
- Provide advanced direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Serve as an expert consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development. Contributes to defining, directing and evaluating the nursing care and functions of clinical staff.
- Manage clinical research projects in support of evidence-based practice and disseminates findings.
- Develop, implement and evaluate educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- May assess the learning needs of patients and families and develops and/or implements teaching programs.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing .
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing . Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required and Master's degree required Work Experience:
- None required.
- Previous Critical Care experience strongly preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: " EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Tulsa , RN Clinical Nurse Specialist - Critical Care, Healthcare , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!