Assistant Store Manager - Merchandising
Company: Big Lots
Posted on: September 24, 2022
When you join our team, you'll enjoy extra savings with a 20%
discount on almost everything in store - even food! And a 30%
discount on Indoor and Outdoor furniture. Additional benefits
include a same day pay option (hourly associates only), discounts
on Apple products, Verizon, AT&T services, and more! For More
information about benefits, see
Primarily responsible for freight processing and merchandising
functions within the store and is accountable for merchandising and
storeroom organization standards. Leads, directs, and at times,
actively participates in various aspects of the merchandising
process, including freight prep, truck unload, stocking, re-lays,
financial management, and inventory control. When serving as
Manager on Duty, leads and provides direction to store associates
performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery, and
furniture-related activities on the sales floor. Works
collaboratively with store leadership to drive overall store
1. Leads and directs activities related to truck unload, freight
flow, backroom organization, ticketing merchandise, stocking
shelves, and reconciliation of inventory transactions according to
operational and merchandising standards.
2. Leads and supervises the freight team.
3. Establishes plans to accomplish merchandising initiatives and
achieve defined goals.
4. Utilizes company tools, reports, and feedback to effectively
analyze trends and refine plans.
5. Ensures that the appearance of the store's interior and exterior
are maintained to standards, primarily regarding merchandise
presentation and signage.
6. Ensures that price changes and signage are correctly reflected
on sales floor.
7. Participates in the interviewing, selection, hiring, and
training of associates in collaboration with store leadership. May
complete performance evaluations as directed.
8. Administers appropriate disciplinary action to associates,
including recommendations for termination, in partnership with the
store leadership and in accordance with company guidelines.
9. Assists with store scheduling and payroll processes on a daily
and weekly basis.
10. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed including opening
and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides
leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that
store, merchandising, and customer service standards are
continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage,
recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and
ensures resolution of customer issues.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum three years retail management experience preferred.
3. Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation,
and interpersonal skills required.
4. Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills
5. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off
store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long
periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual
6. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 to 45
hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
7. Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays
8. Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
9. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Keywords: Big Lots, Tulsa , Assistant Store Manager - Merchandising, Hospitality & Tourism , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!