Cashier's Assistant (Front End Service & Bagger) - Part Time
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job DescriptionAssists customers and cashiers during the
checkout process. Bags groceries, retrieves carts, and may act in
the capacity of a Cashier and its functions. All Whole Foods Market
Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team
Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance
with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team
Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in
other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to
support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and
store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all
applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and
regulatory duties required in the department.Job
- Bags groceries.
- Retrieves carts and baskets.
- Cleans, sweeps, mops, stocks products, and helps ensure overall
maintenance of the department.
- May operate cash register equipment (not all Cashiers
Assistants will have cash handling responsibility).
- Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up
lines helping reduce customer waiting time.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary w
orking and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership. Job Skills
- Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and Team
- Meets all customer service expectations and standards in all
interactions with customers, Team Members, and vendors.
- Working understanding and application of all merchandising
expectations within the department and a specific focus on
attention to detail.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members , customers , and vendors .
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to f ollow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and a bility to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Strong attention to detail. Experience
- No prior retail experience required Physical Requirements /
- Must be able to lift 5 0 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment .
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed .
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery . Note : The
purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of
essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an
exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or
requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion. At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Tulsa , Cashier's Assistant (Front End Service & Bagger) - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!