General Service Technician
Company: Tate Boys Tire & Service
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Tate Boys Tire & Auto Service has been in business since 1936, and
has been operated by the same family for generations. We strive to
create a family-like atmosphere for our team, and our customers. We
specialize in everything that rolls. From passenger and light truck
tires, to medium truck tires, to industrial and agricultural tires.
Tate Boys also specializes in mechanical repairs, such as brakes,
suspension, and engine diagnostics.
As a General Service Technician, you will perform non-technical
service repairs such as oil changes, tire and wheel related
services, alignments, flushes, and more. While working alongside
ASE Certified Automotive Technicians, you will get the training
necessary to get to the next level in your career.
If you are interested in becoming a certified ASE Automotive
Technician, this is the opportunity for you. This could be the
beginning of your successful career.
COMPENSATION: Pay ranges from $12- $15 per hour depending on
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely transports customers to and from their place of
residence or business using the company vehicle.
- Picks up parts, supplies, tires, etc. from vendors and/or the
corporate office using the company vehicle.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner obeying
all traffic laws.
- Conducts State Safety and Emission Inspections on vehicles in
an ethical manner following all company and state guidelines.
- Performs tire mounting/dismounting, wheel balance and tire
- Performs oil changes and other basic services at the direction
of the Shop Foreman or Store Manager.
- While performing basic services, observes general vehicle
condition and points out any obvious needed repairs or safety
concerns to the Shop Foreman or Store Manager. Utilizes the
company's Multi-point Inspection and/or Repair Order to properly
document the vehicle condition.
- Maintains cleanliness of the shop to include the service area,
tire racks, showroom and outside the building to maintain a clean
and inviting appearance.
- Follows all safety procedures and reports any concerns to the
Shop Foreman or Store Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess valid OK driver's license, or obtain a valid OK
driver's license within 30 days of hire date
- Ability to work a minimum of five days, including
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The General Service Technician will be exposed to moderate to loud
noises, dust, exhaust fumes, lubricants, petroleum products,
vapors, caustic materials and other hazardous and non-hazardous
materials. The temperature in the work environment varies and could
include extreme heat and/or extreme cold depending on the ambient
The General Service Technician must be able to meet the following
- Stand up to eight hours per day in the shop and able to walk to
gain access to various areas of the building
- Bend, stoop, kneel and crouch regularly throughout the day;
must have full range of motion with arms and hands and be able to
feel, handle or finger objects frequently
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly, lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds frequently.
- Hear and speak
- Vision sufficient to detect color, depth, and re-focus
- Competitive Bi-Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $3,000 annually
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Effective 1st of the
Month after Hire)
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Discounted Services on Personal and Immediate Family
- Opportunity for Advancement!
Sun Auto Tire & Service provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Tate Boys Tire & Service, Tulsa , General Service Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!