Planning Documentation Developer Journeyman, Whiteman AFB, MO,US,#ID17649
Company: Cherokee Federal
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Planning Documentation Developer - Journeyman, Requisition
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally
owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and
overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical
disciplines, including engineering, global vulnerability
assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program
management and professional services. CNSP is owned by Cherokee
Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the
largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of
the company's profits support future business investments and the
well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education
and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and
For more company information, visit our site at
CNSP is looking for a Planning Documentation Developer - Journeyman
to support the 509th Civil Engineering Squadron at Whiteman AFB, MO
under this Civil Engineer Project Support services contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The purpose of this position is to serve as a project programmer,
performing routine programming and base development duties in
support of out-year projects requiring higher headquarters
* Performs planning and programming for substantial multi-phase new
construction, renovations, and improvement projects for real
property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing knowledge
of Air Force civil engineering principles and standards.
* Prepares, develops or reviews cost estimates, schedules, and
specifications related to a wide variety of projects and systems,
to include airfields; roadways; site/area development; drainage;
foundations; structures; transportation; drainage and other systems
of major size and complexity for use on a military installation,
airfields, multi-story office buildings, large utility plants,
hospitals, hangars, flight simulators, and similar structures.
* Evaluates design objectives and identifies most economical and
efficient procedures for building and utility civil design and
performance, considering all functional and aesthetic
* Applies standard civil engineering theory and practices to create
engineering solutions without technical instruction or guidance and
identifies limits of the problems involved.
* Contributes to the development of graphic presentations,
construction documents, engineering studies, cost estimates, Gantt
charts, and strategies to communicate with stakeholders.
* Develops project's description of proposed work and other
documents necessary to support DD1391 and associated programming
documentation approval from Air Force agencies.
* Incorporates knowledge of other engineering disciplines and
architecture in development and management design concepts and
* Prepares project time schedules and cost estimates.
* Maintains current civil engineering data for assigned projects.
Acts as a project planning liaison with Mission Partners, Community
leaders, the Army Corps of Engineers, and/or other design
* Uses cost estimating tools to produce government estimates and
program projects (PACES/TRACES AND RS Means/e4Clicks).
* Assesses validity, feasibility, and impacts (economic,
environmental, etc.) of projects and base development actions, and
integrates with overall installation plans.
* Performs or supports requirements programming for variety of
programs such as O&M, MILCON, non-appropriated fund (NAF),
military family housing (MFH), etc.
* Actions include validating requirements using Sustainment
Management systems (SMS) and AFI's, applying asset management
principles, performing economic analysis, and coordinating with the
installation facilities board.
* Programming actions take into account statutory and other
delegated project approval authorities.
* Ensures project programming accurately reflects requirements to
ensure project scores appropriately in the Air Force Comprehensive
Asset Management Plan (AFCAMP) process.
* Identifies requirements and assists in development of contract
Statements of Work (SOWs).
* Provides direction, interpretation, and adaptation on applicable
guidelines (i.e. AFIs, UFC) for project implementation. Maintains
compliance with Air Force CE Business Rules, Fiscal Law (i.e.,
appropriations), and Anti-Deficiency Act.
This position will not have supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Candidates must be US Citizens
* Candidates must be able to pass a US federal government
background investigation and favorably pass a drug test.
* BA/BS degree required in engineering/contsruction
* Experience with programming and project documentation;
* Over three (3) years general or facilities construction project
* Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft
Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Keeps abreast of emerging technology for incorporation into
projects and program.
* Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and
procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety
of the work environment.
* Ensures federal, state, and local codes concerning health,
safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the
programming, design, and construction of real property
* Interprets standards, codes, and policies and routinely apply
them to develop project requirements, creates designs and/or
reviews design submissions.
* United States citizen with a clear background for government
security investigation with the ability to obtain a Clearance or
Common Access Card (CAC)
This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office
setting, a controlled office environment as well as working outside
in a job site environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and
nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies
in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation
Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver
the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues.
Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services -- from
applications and data services to cybersecurity and national
defense -- for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can
help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to
join our team!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual
orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights
as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to
the following two sites: EEO Statement - EEO Poster;
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This
email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used
to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and
paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Keywords: Cherokee Federal, Tulsa , Planning Documentation Developer Journeyman, Whiteman AFB, MO,US,#ID17649, IT / Software / Systems , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!