TSS Lead Cloud Network Architect/Engineer
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Description Summary:GDIT/TSS is seeking a Lead Cloud Network
Architect/Engineer to join our team in support of TSS Platforms and
supervise a team of 5 Engineers who are upgrading and modernizing
to the latest cloud technologies. In this role you will be
designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting
large-scale enterprise networks in a cloud environment using your
strong understanding of routing, switching, LAN/WAN technologies,
and wireless technology. Customers include DHS, HHS and DOD among
many others.This opportunity can work 100% remotely from home.
Ideally, we would like someone to be located near the ITC in
Bossier City, La. However, we are most interested in finding the
most qualified candidate and open to homebased
nationwide.RESPONSIBILITIES:The Cloud Network Architect/Engineer
will identify, evaluate, architect and recommend best of breed
technology approaches to solve the business and customer problems,
aligned with proper architecture standards and best practices. This
role will interface directly with the customers and internal
stakeholders to gather requirements, deliver solutions, identify
and deliver incremental revenue opportunities. This role entails
overseeing the cloud network architecture functions to ensure
timely, efficient and quality designs.
- Day-to-day supervision of the Cloud Network Engineering
- Work across teams, and external customer groups to develop
strategy, design solutions, and advise implementation teams during
- Build and maintain technical relationships with managers of the
organization and technology providers by leading and facilitating
cloud technology discussions and aligning solutions with client
- Provide communication, ensuring that managers, team members,
stakeholders within the organization, and clients are kept informed
of relevant trends and projects.
- Research new or alternative technologies, document findings,
conduct pilots and evaluate multiple vendors, make recommendations,
and develop business cases to justify the investment.
- Deal with escalations. Make assessments, recommendations or
provide solutions to resolve issues.
- Mentor and train staff, ensuring they are up to speed on
critical processes and technologies related to the organizations'
goals and soft skills needed to succeed.
- Develop timelines for projects.
- Contribute to budgeting for and understand the financial impact
of cloud technology decisions.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Guide the selection, implementation and deployment processes
for new cloud technology rollouts.QUALIFICATIONS: Required skills
and experience:*This position will require a US Citizenship due to
the nature of the contracts that will require a secret clearance
- BA/BS and or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of experience. (Degree in Computer Science,
Engineering or related area is preferred)
- Experience with cloud network solutions
- Network Architecture experience is a must specifically
management of network design and optimization
- Cisco IOS experience is must
- Team lead experienceDesired skills and experience:
- Advanced degree.
- An active CCIE certification is a plusSkills and Attributes:
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and requirements
- Motivated team player The likely salary range for this position
is $148,000 - $222,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of
compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on
experience, geographic location and possibly contractual
requirements and could fall outside of this range. View information
about benefits and our total rewards program. We are GDIT. The
people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class. General Dynamics Information Technology
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Tulsa , TSS Lead Cloud Network Architect/Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Delaware, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!