RN Medical Unit Full Time Nights
Company: Hillcrest Hospital South
Posted on: May 24, 2020
RN Medical Unit Full Time Nights
Date posted: 04/21/2020
Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system
with approximately 5,000 employees that serves the communities of
eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern
Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a
history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly,
community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000
employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient
and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive
care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.--
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled
team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing
Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and
What You'll Do
- The Registered Nurse is a professional caregiver who assumes
responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a
designated time frame. She or he provides direct care to these
patients via the nursing process, the environmental/instrumentation
and management of other health care team members.
- The RN will plan, perform care, document and demonstrate
knowledge of growth and development norms for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients. The RN will demonstrate knowledge of age
appropriate equipment and identify and advocate for the safety of
- The RN will initiate and document infection control precautions
as per policy 100% of the time as well as maintain and document
infection control precautions per policy and utilize appropriate
PPE. The RN will also provide education to family and patient on
the infection control guidelines.
- The RN will assess, reassess and document patient status per
policy including but not limited to admission and discharge
documentation. The RN will plan, implement, and document nursing
care that is appropriate to the patient's needs, condition, and
- The RN will collaborate with case management and physicians in
the continuum of care.
- The RN will delegate appropriately to team members to maximize
quality of care and utilization of resources.
- The RN will maintain confidentiality with all
- The RN will meet departmental standards and competencies as
evidenced by departmental documentation.
- The employee will report to work on time and work as scheduled
and per attendance policy. The employee will work independently
with minimal supervision and utilize policy and procedures of the
facility to guide them in the proper course of action.
- The employee will comply with safety policies and procedures
and maintain professional working relationships with coworkers,
physicians, and customers.
What You'll Bring
- A graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- Must maintain a current certification in BLS. ACLS
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; able to work under stressful
situations. Possesses good oral and written communication skills. A
demonstrated ability in interpersonal relationships which enhances
communication, promotes conflict resolutions, and facilitates staff
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of
experience as an R.N., preferably in the area of application. Must
be able to follow directions and perform work according to
department standards when no directions are given. Must be
emotionally mature and able to function effectively under
- Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered
----What We Offer-----
- Competitive pay-----
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance-----
- 401k with Company match-----
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended
- Tuition Reimbursement-----
- Advancement and career development opportunities-----
Medical/Surgical - Hillcrest Hospital South
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Hillcrest Hospital South, Tulsa , RN Medical Unit Full Time Nights, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!