About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps
improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus
on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical
Responsible for the general supervision of the center area
training program. Is able to perform all technical tasks required
within the work areas. Provides assistance to management to achieve
All listed duties must comply with federal, state, local and
company-specific regulations related to quality of product,
employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of
* Perform duties associated with Training (including but not
limited to): (50%)
* Maintains complete and accurate records to ensure that all
personnel are competent to perform their assigned duties.
* Reviews employee training materials to meet initial and annual
* Ensures timely completion of cross-training and annual
* Ensures that employees are trained and committed to meet
customer service expectations.
* Monitors center training needs and performs cross-training,
re-training, SOP training, preventative action training and other
training as needed.
* Works closely with the Facility Manager, QMR and management
team to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to
* Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and
management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and
resolves conflicts proactively.
* Communicates regularly with the Center Manager to ensure
compliance with training requirements and that adequate support is
provided to employees in the work area.
* Review Quality Control Records as applicable and assigned
* Coordinates and performs new employee orientation, including
company background, health and safety requirements, policies and
procedures and other company expectations. Understands Affirmative
Ac- tion practices and is actively involved in employment
application pre-screening and interviewing pro- cess for center
* Effectively manages the production area (donor floor/customer
service) motivates and encourages employees to meet their
performance goals and comply with company quality standards and
proce- dures. (25%)
* Maintain certification and perform required duties (including,
but not limited to) the following roles: (5%)
* Medical History (PCT)
* Phlebotomy (SPCT, APCT, LT)
* Sample Processing (SPT, SSPT)
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
* Demonstrated work history of above average performance,
customer service, and attendance.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to organize and direct the work of others
and resolve conflicts effectively.
* Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other
work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
* Ability to read and follow Standard OperatingProcedures(SOPs)
and to maintaincompleteand accurate rec- ords.
* Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.
* Putting the patient at the center
* Building trust with society
* Reinforcing our reputation
* Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
* Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee
* Refers to Center Manager for guidance decisions (internal)
* Advises and counsels hourly staff on operational, safety, and
customer service concerns. (internal)
* Consults and coordinates directly with the center management
on training concerns within the plasma cen- ter.
* Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
* Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
* Encourages employee involvement in committee meetings.
* Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
* Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
* Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
* Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and
reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent
lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50
* Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
* Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
* Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level
1), 90% of production-based work tasks require pro-longed glove
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential:High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired:Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
* FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for
vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda's Talent Acquisition
department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted
to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency
Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a
fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully
executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment
agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if
the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates
submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a
fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be
deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against
any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital
or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment,
non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information,
veteran status, military service, application for military service,
or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law -
EEO is the Law - Supplement -
Pay Transparency Policy -
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals
with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process, or in order to perform the essential functions
of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information.