Tool & Die Maker Specialist
Company: Nesco Resource
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Nesco resource has a direct hire opportunity with our worldwide
client in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our client is looking for a tool & die
maker who has experience with manual tool & die proceses. Ideally
this person would be expereinced and willing to be part of a
smaller team. This role is on site in Tulsa & if you are willing to
move to Tulsa there is a option for relocation assistance.
- Read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make, or
modify existing tooling, tools for new or old job prints.
- Make sure tools are sharpened and tool holders in good working
condition before being placed back on shelf or in tool drawers.
Repair or requisition replacement parts, tooling or hardware as
needed to maintain adequate stock.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that
parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs,
gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools with proper
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or
worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically
controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and
grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to
prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in
parts for assembly.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or
tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts
for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such
as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Using manual, semi-automated or automated presses to perform
work on ferrous and non-ferrous materials to create precision
- Configuring equipment, feeding material onto the equipment and
feeding material through the die and removing parts from the
- Measuring and qualifying finished product
- Complete paperwork and documents associated with each
- Manufacture products from work orders, drawings, engineering
instructions and other related control documents
- Follow requirements set forth from the Quality Department
- Helps and trains other personnel as directed by Supervisor.
Observes safety rules. Suggests methods to improve efficiency and
safety on the shop floor. Keeps work area clean and orderly.
COMPETENCIES 1. Initiative. 2. Problem Solving/Analysis. 3. Stress
Management/Composure. 4. Technical Capacity. 5. Teamwork
Orientation. 6. Thoroughness.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum Three (3) to Five (5) years' experience as
Tool & Die Maker repairing and modifying stamping dies.
- Knowledge: The employee must maintain an excellent attendance
record, which is defined as being at work all the time and on time.
Ability to read and follow work instructions. Ability to perform
complex mathematical calculations. Ability to read and interpret
drawings and other technical information. Possess good computer
skills and intermediate Excel knowledge. Must have good written and
verbal communication skills. Must have knowledge of industrial
press manufacturing machines as well as measuring and gauging
tools. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to detailed but
simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems
involving many variables in different situations.
- Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: Ability to read, analyze, and
interpret the work orders, drawings, engineering and technical
documents. Regularly exposed to moving equipment. Company provided
personal protective equipment is required as directed for each
process. Basic numeracy consistent with the operation of industrial
press equipment & the use of drawings and gages. Frequently need to
talk and hear. Stands, walks, sits, bends, stoops, climbs. Must be
able to lift and/or move 50 pounds, unassisted.
- Working Conditions: General Shop conditions, moderate to
occasionally loud noise up to 90 Ddb (examples, noise from running
machinery, product testing, fork trucks, impact wrenches,
- Equipment/Tools Used: Operate industrial precision presses,
large metal shears, tool handling equipment, mechanical and laser
marking machines, torque wrenches, shipping and packaging
equipment. Precision measuring equipment such as pressure gauges,
dial indicators, calipers and micrometers. Must possess the ability
to learn the computer system. Occasionally use office equipment
such as telephone, facsimile machine, and photocopier.
- Safety: Safe work performance is required from each employee at
- AAP/EEO Statement
- We provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Further, the company is proactive in assuring that applicants are
employed, and employees are treated during employment without
regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type
will not be tolerated. Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T
Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally
protected characteristics with respect to employment
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Tulsa , Tool & Die Maker Specialist, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!