Manufacturing Engineer, Continuous Improvement
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What you will do
At Ruskin, a brand of Johnson Controls, we've become the leaders
in the air control industry because we care about empowering our
partners and customers to build better buildings and ultimately, to
build them with healthy and comfortable air. That's why we are
always out front with the best air control solutions in the
industry. From dampers and louvers, to air measuring systems and
ERVs, Ruskin is recognized for consistent innovation, engineering
excellence and precision manufacturing. Learn more at: https://www.ruskin.com/.
The Manufacturing Engineer, Continuous Improvement plans,
directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in plant by
performing the following duties. This position is not eligible for
How you will do it
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements,
and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for
- Develop and recommend short and long-range goals and objectives
for Lean Manufacturing.
- Evaluate current manufacturing systems to determine areas for
improvement and recommend implementation schedule.
- Maintain current knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies,
prepare capital request, cost justifications to support
- Prioritize and implement schedules for assigned projects using
appropriate planning methods and facilitate project
- Serve a facilitator coach for teams during Kaizen events and
follow up to assist supervisors to sustain work improvement.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product
design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and
arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and
evaluates products according to specifications and quality
- Create Capital Appropriations Request (CAR) for the purchase of
new equipment and facility improvements. The CAR process includes
calculating the cost of new equipment and justifying the purchase
by calculating savings and efficiency in a formal written
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related
costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Resolves deviation reports concerning product or material with
plant personnel including maintenance personnel to direct equipment
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding
manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other
considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing
requirements and potential.
- Distributes product/part drawings to appropriate plant
- Responsible for proper hazardous waste container management and
emergency response as required upon completion of required
hazardous waste training.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering or
- Minimum of three (3) years of Engineering experience in a
- Ability to travel approximately 10% to 25% within the US,
Canada and Mexico as required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience leading projects.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes in a sheet metal/extruded
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing methodologies and a
proven track record with application.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Tulsa , Manufacturing Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Other , Parsons, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!