Merrick is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer (8+ years
of experience) to join our Energy & Chemicals Business Unit. This
full time, direct hire position, will be responsible for
engineering, design, coordination, client communications and
associated construction administration.
This Engineer will work in a dynamic multi-discipline
environment, accountable for the oversight of engineering
deliverables, calculations, systems and equipment selection,
mechanical design, mechanical engineering budget and schedule
management, maintain professional relationships with vendors,
customers, and other Merrick personnel as required by projects. The
Engineer will work with other engineering and technical personnel
to ensure overall project goals are met.
- Application of Knowledge in Oil & Gas, Chemical and
Bioprocessing facilities/systems (Conceptual Design):
- Ensures understanding and compliance with owners requirements
of the facility or corporate standards related to mechanical
- Confirms and reviews applicable codes and standards such as,
but not limited to, the IBC, ASME, API, PIP and NFPA.
- Given the scope of design services, the owners facility
standards, and relevant industry standards, establish and document
the mechanical systems basis of design and in doing so provide
clarification, qualifications, and design assumptions regarding
relevant design issues.
- Works with facility owner to ensure that the appropriate cost-
effective systems and equipment are utilized in their
- Works with owner and construction management team to validate
construction cost and provide value-engineering options as
- Performs and documents engineering calculations related to
mechanical engineering for the purpose of selecting code compliant
systems and equipment.
- Performs systems and equipment selections.
- Performs sizing of equipment.
- Provides input to piping group related to mechanical equipment
and in doing so establishes the appropriate level of detail to
ensure completeness and accuracy of design and construction
- Schedules mechanical equipment data sheet and specification
- Ensures project specifications are complete and accurate.
- Performs pipe stress analysis utilizing software such as CAESAR
II, NozzlePro, etc.
- Works with the project team to design a cohesive, technically
acceptable, and optimized piping system.
- Performs pressure vessel calculations utilizing the PVElite
- Performs detailed reviews of piping isometrics, piping plans,
pipe specifications, P&IDs, and other design documents.
- Construction Support:
- Responsible for problem solving for field oversights.
- Responsible for vendor drawing/Submittal review.
- Performs field inspections and review of reports.
- Responsible for addressing project RFI.
- Completes project within provided budget and prepares Change
Orders when scope is expanded.
- Provides direction for what is to be included in bid package
- Works with Project Engineer/Manager to ensure that project
schedule will be met and complete documents provided for each
- Professional Development:
- Maintains required licensing CEU.
- Proactively attempts to receive in-house/out-of-house training
to maintain and update skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET accredited
- Experience working successfully in a collaborative
- 4+ years industry experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer or ability to obtain your PE
within the first year of employment.
- Experience with Design/Build and EPC projects.
- Pipe stress analysis experience utilizing software such as
- Experience leading teams of engineers on design projects.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not
limited to computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters,
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits
package which includes health insurance, dental and vision
coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k)
options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible
for annual performance and spot bonuses.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from
within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and
external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender
identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other
applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.