Aerospace Assembler Welder
Company: DELAWARE RESOURCE GROUP OF OKLAHOMA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
TULSA - Tulsa, OK
Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or
electro-mechanical assembly operations which may include skilled
hand work or utilizing automated production equipment. Comprehends
and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and
documents. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of
operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand
soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and
adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of tasks in production assembly operations on
electronic and/or mechanical assembly and sub-assemblies.
- Work from diagrams and drawings and uses hand and/or power
tools, jigs and saws.
- Shall qualify to weld in accordance with the Gas Tungsten Arc
Welding Process (TIG) on Aluminum, Mild and Stainless Steel.
- Capable of qualifying and welding in accordance with company
standards, and AWS D1.1, D1.2, D1.3 and D1.6 in 2G, 3G and 4G
positions for plate and 6G position for pipe. Testing must be X-ray
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan
layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures.
- Skilled in the use of measuring tools or instruments, as
provided and appropriate, to assure accuracy in dimensions of work
- Able to work for sustained periods of time in the standing
- Capable of reading, comprehending and complying with Work
Instruction Process Sheets and Blueprints.
- Must have a working knowledge of welding equipment controls for
both processing and safety.
- Able to effectively utilize fixtures, jigs, and clamps, as
provided for effective positioning and holding of parts to be
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School plus 5 years' experience welding aluminum and/or
steel in a manufacturing environment in accordance to Military
Standards or similar standards. Experience may be a combination of
work experience and schooling.
- Must have knowledge of basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, and
- Must be able to read and comprehend written material, including
blueprints, drawings and work instructions.
- Must have work history with mechanical assembly.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Requires bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and
pushing/pulling of heavy parts and occasional work in confined
- Must be able to pass vision testing to Jaeger 1, with or
without corrective lenses.
- NDT Level II VT a plus, but not necessary.
- Records of WPQRs shall be submitted.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a).
These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified
individuals based on their status as protected veterans or
individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against
all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these
regulations require that covered prime contractors and
subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or disability.
Keywords: DELAWARE RESOURCE GROUP OF OKLAHOMA, Tulsa , Aerospace Assembler Welder, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!