Director, Finance - Marketing & Website
Posted on: June 11, 2021
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the
world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online.
GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a
professional website, attract customers, sell their products and
services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our
customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their
ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the
company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: This role can be based near any GoDaddy Hub
location. This position is not eligible to be performed in
Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin
What you’ll get to do…
As the Director, Finance – Marketing & Website, you will be
responsible for leading finance support for GoDaddy’s Marketing
organization. You will be in a highly visible role working directly
with Marketing, Website, and Finance leaders to drive financial
planning, business forecasting, and analysis around key initiatives
and growth opportunities. You will play a key role in optimizing
marketing returns, website economics, and high-value customers.
A successful candidate will be a strong leader who is
intellectually curious, leads through influence, provides a strong
voice to represent Finance, and thrives in a fast-paced,
results-oriented environment. You are proactive and can
thoughtfully challenge the status quo. You obsess about your team
and the numbers, with a sense of integrity and humility, and an
orientation toward action.
- Serve as a primary finance partner to the Marketing org,
building deep and trusted partnerships to help optimize and
strategize on key initiatives.
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training, and development to direct
and indirect reports.
- Build and own end-to-end financial planning and reporting
cadence for the CMO and Website organizations.
- Be an analytical thinker with the ability to identify strategic
topics, synthesize complex ideas into clear frameworks, and use
analysis to drive strategic priorities.
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and
decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and
actionable recommendations on topics such as web traffic,
high-value customers, and return on marketing spend.
- Perform value-added ad hoc financial support for key projects
- Be forward thinking and focus on continually developing
information, trends and instincts to help predict issues before
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication
of results, forecasts and action plans to business partners and
Your experience should include…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required; Master’s
degree in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred
- 10+ years of progressive financial experience in high-growth
environments focused on budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and
- Experience in leading finance support for major functional
areas within an organization, including driver-based modeling,
financial analysis, and KPI reporting
- Demonstrated experience with analytics, metrics, and data.
Creative problem-solving and modeling skills that demonstrate the
ability to work through complex problems and roadblocks with
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi- task and
effectively manage priorities in a minimal-guidance, high-profile
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to translate complex concepts to layman’s terms.
- Capable of successfully managing C-level relationships and
effectively partnering on financial planning and strategy
development and execution.
- Demonstrated previous leadership experience, including
managing, building, leading and recognizing high performing teams
with diverse levels of expertise, and creating buy-in for company
- A player/coach mentality with the ability to set high standards
and foster a sense of pride and teamwork within the Finance
- Proven ability to influence others that do not directly report
to this role. Able to multi?task and make appropriate decisions and
trade-offs when faced with opposing demands
- Experience with SQL, Python, and/or Tableau are a strong
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many
benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity
grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee
resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have
one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as
you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the
basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin,
citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity or expression (including against any individual
that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be
transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy,
childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or
any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local
law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal
If you need help completing an application for a position with
GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters
or employment agencies.
Keywords: Godaddy, Tulsa , Director, Finance - Marketing & Website, Other , Independence, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!