Instrument & Electrical Maintenance Technician
Company: CF Industries
Posted on: July 20, 2021
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
10 Hour, AH22C1 Maintenance - I&E
Engineering and Engineering Services
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the installation,
operation and maintenance of instruments, automation systems and
electrical distribution systems at the Verdigris Plant. This
entails troubleshooting in the following areas to ensure safe and
efficient plant operations; electronic instrumentations/DCS,
electrical distribution, pneumatic/hydraulic control systems and
- Always work in a safe manner. Participate in site safety
meetings, close hazard ID and near miss safety programs.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot and repair electronic instruments (DP
cells, pressure transmitters, thermocouples, torque tubes, data
loggers, electronic controllers and alarm/safety systems) in all
areas of the plant.
- Tune control loops, repair/rebuild valves, actuators and
pneumatic positioners to maximize the inherent safety, efficiency
and on stream factor for the facility.
- Troubleshoot, install and maintain electrical systems and
motors that operate at voltages up to and including 4160 VAC.
- Participate in HAZOPs, management of change processes and
procurement activities related to the design/maintenance of the I &
- Assist in the installation, commission, start-up and
documentation of sustaining and capital projects within all areas
of the plant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
1. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
2. Must be able to occasionally carry up to 100 lbs.
3. Tasks performed while lifting: Moving valves, controls, tools,
test equipment, cables, bundles of wires, switchgears and
4. Adverse environmental conditions
a. Occasional exposure and/or proximity to:
b. Frequent exposure and/or proximity to:
- extreme temperatures (above 100° F)
- limited ventilation
- other potential hazards (working with high pressure
- noise sufficient enough to require shouting to be heard
- moving mechanical parts
- electrical current
- working on scaffolding or in high places
- chemicals (ammonia, chlorine, carbon dioxide, refrigerants,
cleaning fluids, and solvents)
- fumes, odors, mists and gases
- oils (penetrating oils, lubricating oils, and refrigerant
5. Emergency situation considerations: Requires the ability to wear
a respirator and utilize any emergency, or safety
equipment/procedure in response to an emergency situation.
SUCCESSFUL INCUMBENTS WILL HAVE:
- Possession of a High School Diploma/GED or an Associate's
degree in Electronics or Instrumentation. Apprenticeship program
with a minimum of two (2) years of on the job training is
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with installing,
calibrating, troubleshooting and maintaining process
instrumentation for measuring and controlling flow, pressure,
temperature and level.
- Safety conscious, self-motivated, proficient communication
skills, exceptional work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Exposure to HART instrumentation, digital valve positioners,
Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Burner Management Systems
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical and drug
- Must successfully obtain a Transportation Worker Identification
Credential card (TWIC)
This position works with a team of 10-12 members including IE
Techs, DCS Specialists and IE Supervisor within the Maintenance
Department. You'll enjoy competitive compensation and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes health and wellness,
generous time off, 401K, pension, bonus, volunteer time off and
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Tulsa , Instrument & Electrical Maintenance Technician, Other , Claremore, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!